Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
DMor said:
Cement is your best and most permanent bet...me thinks. I believe the warranty also required CEMENT.

I suppose you've built a drain? You can also get a pump and avoid the slow drain issue. Ours is 500 gallons...yours will be 300 so...will take about...hmmmm...30 to pump out and maybe 35-40 to fill? We let it drain...plus use the pump...we have no patience. ;) I bought a SHOP VAC QPV 12 gallon wet/dry that actually PUMPS the water through. Very neat. Much cleaner and quieter than our gas pump.
Drain? I need a drain? I do have a really long hose - AND a shop vac - and a fair amount of patience... (did I mention we had to wait 10 DAYS for our MDX :D)

... up to the spa level...you leave the top portion of the lip exposed. Does your spa come with a cover? Site said something about 4" cover, but no pic. Most of those showroom covers have skirts. Hmmm. If NOT...you can have a custom cover cut to the exact shape of your spa surface w/o skirt. Sonoma Spa Covers, 8652 N. Magnolia, Suite 38, Santee, CA 92071 (619) 596-7772 , makes many of the covers for these spa manufacturers. Our custom cut, 2.5" FOAM cover was $265 in '99 and we selected from standard vinyl fabric colors. I actually made a paper template and sent it to her. Maybe you can skip over the middle man and order direct and save $$$. We requested a flat cover without flaps/skirts. Foam thickness varies. With ours, you just flip it over, line it up and its done ...no tucking, etc. Your weather may require a thicker foam or a skirt. But not sure the skirt makes that much difference.
Don't need the skirt, but I do need the lock to keep the kids out!! :)

The only thing that MIGHT be a problem is SNOW on the existing deck area? I don't know if a couple of inches of snow on the deck would make for a 'second set' of cold cheeks or not? But it would probably drop through the seams anyway and would tend to melt around the spa due to the heat.
Shoveling is a way of life here - I keep the other deck the other deck pretty clean, not a big deal...

Are you using real wood or TREX? Did you check out the Ever New railing system? Heh...don't get me $tarted. :)
Ah, now there's a subject! We're in a woodsy kind of place, cedar siding, black ash tongue and groove ceiling in our dining room and a birch ceiling in the computer room, oak flooring, more wood than you can shake a stick at, so to speak...

But... I did spend the weekend replacing a whole lot of rotted out cedar boards on the deck (did you know you can easily carry 6-7 10' cedar boards inside the MDX :D:D). It's a tough climate. So now I'm looking at one of the synthetic products - I particularly like one called Extrudawood (nothing wood about it), that has no surface nails, it clips from underneath- and looks great!

Dimension One on Business Park Drive in Vista is a 20 minute ride. I can't remember if we checked out those guys or not. I will have to dig for my notes. I made a point of terrorizing most of them in my travels! :D [/B]
Hey, since you'll be looking again next year, take a ride and check 'em out, you can give me the DMor Hometime review of the product! :D

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Getting advice

These things are complicated, fortunately I've been getting a little help from my friends...

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thats great ghost LOL!!

Looks like Laura Croft meets Duke Nukem :D

TECK!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
BellTeck said:
Thats great ghost LOL!!

Looks like Laura Croft meets Duke Nukem :D

TECK!
Thanks! (It is! Or at least, that's what the site I found it on said...)

Happy Birthday, big guy! :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
Duke is awesome !!

Thanks Ghost :) I donated my B-day to the firefighters this year .. told my whole family to please send donations for the families.

TECK!

·
Registered
557 Posts
LOL DMor :eek:

Thanks ;)

TECK!

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm not sure how I missed this thread earlier, but....

HAPPY B-Day Teck!

Ghost, I love that shot of you and DMor by the Tub... :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks Atlanta :)

Its always nice to see more of Dmor :eek:

Of course we can see right through ghost LOL!!

TECK!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
DMor said:
Uhh...She's overdressed.... :)

Happy B'day Teck!
OK, I'll see what I can do 'bout that...

Actually, I didn't set up the picture very well - she had just run the 220V lines, installed the ground-fault interrupts, and finished off the plumbing. Now she's off to her next job, after a quick stop to HD for supplies.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Is home depot paying for all these free ad's ? :p

I can only imagine what the Duke/Croft Moving avatar would be. :eek:

TECK!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Home Depot Raider! Staring.... DMor... :)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Yea those moving ...

... avatars can be very interesting;)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: Yea those moving ...

msu79gt82 said:
... avatars can be very interesting;)
Hey, are you picking on my moving avatar? :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
'Cmon up to my pad!

A successful weekend project... :)

Does anyone realize how much a friggin 50 amp GFCI costs? Ridiculous! :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Are those sunflowers in the background? You can sit in your new hot tub and enjoy sunflower seeds. :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
DMor said:
Ahhh...*Before* Pics...I love it! Next week....the deck! :)
You're dreamin' - the Typar on the house is a 'Before' picture too - from 1999!

Fortunately, Typar is considered permanent siding up here. :)

As for next week - tub, good chance, post holes, maybe, deck's still looking good on paper ;)

Atlanta, the boys rebelled against my anal-retentive gardening style and planted their 'chaos garden', a mix of sunflowers, watermelon, beans, and whatever else they could find. Sunflowers did pretty well, as you see, and we just found a watermelon the size of a tennis ball. Not holding our breath on that one, maybe I'll find a full-size melon somewhere and sneak it out into the patch, heh,heh... :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
Oh great ,
ghost is showing us all his deck .. next thing you know he'll be flashing his X :eek:

Is there going to be a fence around that tub or you gunna share with the neighbors? :p

I was going to comment on the typar and ask if you use the typar in the X as a sunshade too? :rolleyes:

TECK!

·
Registered
108 Posts
AtlantaMDX said:
Are those sunflowers in the background? You can sit in your new hot tub and enjoy sunflower seeds. :)
...and use the stems to swat away the king-sized Minnesota mosquitoes that would otherwise carry off your children. :D

- ablank

41 - 60 of 106 Posts