Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received quite an array of Griots Garage products for Christmas. (Claybar, polish, wax, wash, tire prep, rags, wipes, window wash, interior cleaner, and various sponges etc. Even a nice detail book with instructions for everything.) I'm definitely set for a while.

I haven't seen Griots mentioned on this site. Seems to be lots on Zaino. Any feedback on the Griots brand?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've only heard good things. My neighbor uses it on his Porsche Boxster. Personally, I use Zaino.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I have a full Griot's catalog, but never had any of their products. Since I never got any of them for Christmas (despite leaving the catalog in full view) I plan on buying their "Starter Kit' as a Lexus owning friend swears by it on his SUV. I like the sound of their stuff and probably a lot less time than Zaino. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
greatscot said:
I plan on buying their "Starter Kit' as a Lexus owning friend swears by it on his SUV. I like the sound of their stuff and probably a lot less time than Zaino. :)
Based on their web site, the prices do seem quite fair. The Detail Handbook at $12.95 has some good info in it. There is also a publication that can be downloaded.

·
Registered
616 Posts
After dropping several hints, I received the Window Cleaning Set for Christmas. Just tried it out and I finally have an answer to cleaning the inside of the windshield all of the way down to the dash. The microfiber bonnet does a great job on the "finish" wipe - no lint and no streaks.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have bought oh about $1000 worth of stuff from Griot's over the years.

Many unique products, difficult to find elsewhere.

A bit pricey, sometimes.

Reliable.

Great catalogs, branding and merchandizing.

Great information and tips included, by a guy who obviously loves cars.

You can buy stuff in bulk, which can save you $$.

Good, not great customer service....too many phone calls to correct a problem I had.

Best of Show Wax I found too chalky and too difficult to remove. This opinion is echoed by the guys at The Wax Test.

I Zaino now, but still buy other stuff from Richard.

·
Registered
235 Posts
griot's products

speed shine

i've used griot's speed shine for a couple of years and think its great. i use it to clean the car between washings and especially to clean off bird droppings when i cant get to a hose. the first application lifts and suspends the dirt and then the second app leaves a protective coating on the area. i keep some in my car for occasions like that.

regards,
chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
Griot's has some pretty good quality products. My preference though is Zymöl for my Benz & X

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts