Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2002 MDX. Our Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas are down to about 4-5/32", so I am beginning to do research on tires. These have lasted almost 50k so far, but have become noisy and a bit rough.

Most of our driving is highway driving, rarely seeing the snow, and, as we live in California, that is by appointment only. We do have some rain between November and March, but the optional 4WD kicks in and the road grip of the Alenzas has been very reassuring.

It would appear that the H/L 422s are a new tire design, as tirerack has no info about them yet. Does anyone have any experience?

The options I am considering are the H/L Ecopia 422s, the Dueler Alenzas, and, because so much of our tire use is on the highway, the Michelin Primacy MXV4, even though they are a grand touring all-season tire and may not get the 60-65K mileage guarantee.

Thanks
KK

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Don't do the Primacy. It's really meant for cars...not large SUVs which are much heavier.

The Ecopia is a pretty new tire. But based on how the rest of the Ecopia line is, expect some compromises in traction and noise in favor of low rolling resistance (which improves fuel mileage).

·
Registered
126 Posts
I put the Ecopia's on my 2006 MDX a couple of weeks ago.

What drew me to the Ecopia's was the potential for a quieter ride, fairly smooth ride, and the potential for better gas mileage.

I haven't driven enough to see of the gas mileage has improved, but I am impressed with how quiet these tires are. Ride comfort seems good too.

I'm now thinking of putting these on my wife's 2003 TL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Put these tires on my wife's 2004 and they seem to be a good buy. Quiet and a slight fuel improvement. Replaced a worn out set of Kumho's which also did nicely but the local shop price for the Bridgestone and the reviews made me go with the Ecopia

·
Registered
36 Posts
This response will be too late for the original poster, but it may be helpful to others. Installed a set of the Bridgestone H/L 422 Ecopia's on our 2004 MDX in January 2013. In less than 12 months they have seen 13k miles in Cleveland, Ohio. I would definitely buy these again.

* Low tire noise on the highway
* I tow 2 sport bikes at the most a few times per year
* I drive in snow, dry, wet, etc.
* I rotate them every 3 months
* So far so good with these tires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts