Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
A2MDXer,

I'm also planning to buy the same Audiovox system. I already got a DVD player from Best Buy to hook up to it. Planning to place the DVD player under the driver's seat, but not sure how this would work, since this DVD player is meant for home use, will velcro it down. Also, planning to hook my son's Game Cube system to it also.

Are you going to place the unit on your console? Probably can use bungi cords to stablize it. Or does this unit come with straps?

Looking forward to your pics...

Marfong

· Registered
161 Posts
Does anyone have any info. on the DVD video in a bag system from Audiovox. It's new, the model #: VBP 4000.

Checked with local retailers and those suggested by Audiovox, but none have knowledge of this product.

· Registered
161 Posts
I've looked into getting a portable DVD player, actually I prefer to get one because of the smaller size, but the only drawback was it's lack of hook-up for a gaming system like the Game Cube. A notebook computer with DVD would also work and it would give you a 14-15" screen for viewing, but again no hook-up capability with gaming systems.

I wonder if these portable DVD player makers will be incorporating A/V inputs into their units in the future.

· Registered
161 Posts
Just bought from Fry's a mobile/portable DVD player and 6.4" tft/lcd monitor that can be mounted overhead or on a console for $299. The DVD player has 2 A/V inputs on the front, which will allow a gaming system like Game Cube to be hooked up. The player and monitor is made by Qwestar.

Has anyone had any experience with this brand?

· Registered
161 Posts
tjwid,

I really like this combo. It's seems to be a good buy at $299. It also works with my son's Game Cube, altho the graphics aren't as good as that on a TV because it's a LCD screen. I had to exchange the mobile DVD player because some of the buttons on the unit weren't working properly.

In the X, I bungee corded the DVD player and screen to the top cover of the console unit, ie. after opening the top of the console and flipping it back. It was very stable and kept my kids quiet watching a dvd movie. I had the kids use headphones so I could listen to the radio without hearing the sound from the dvd.

I tried to fit the dvd player under the driver's seat but it wouldn't fit. It's too big. I guess I'll need to keep it attached to the console unit.

On drawback to using bungee cord for attaching: it left lines of indentation on the top of the console unit. Didn't notice this until I removed the player/screen and closed the console cover. I'm planning to use industrial velcro to attach the units to the console in the future (first velcroing the screen to the player).

Overall, I'm happy with the quality of the picture on the screen. Fry's had 3 different units on sale this past weekend for $299. But the Qwestar brand offered the largest screen (6.4") and the screen can also be used as a drop down unit from the roof if so desired. It's portable, so you can move it from vehicle to vehicle or use it in the home or hotel rooms when traveling. It has 2 a/v ports in the front of the dvd player, therefore you can hook up a gaming system and vcr to offer other entertainment venues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.