Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find some pdfs or even just a sit that has the manual for viewing only idc. Have a couple little plugs I dont know what they plug into, hell maybe each other. Right behind the stereo and it's not the nav or air controls. Anybody know what triggers the amp to kick on with an aftermarket pioneer. Only using generic single adaptors for radio not interface.... I hook it all up and BAM! nothing.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Minus clairvoyants chiming in, no one will be able to answer this since we don't know the year of your car, or whether it's got the Bose, or regular sound system (initially).

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just sent you a PM link to a copy of the Acura service manual with this information, that someone on this forum was nice enough to provide to me when I got my MDX.

I don't know of any free places to view the Haynes and Chilton's manuals online. Personally I think their manuals are reasonably priced, easily available, and that is those company's primary business, so I wouldn't share links if I knew them. Alldata also used to have an online manual service for individual non-commerical use that is reasonably priced.

But I think car manufacturers screw people on the service manuals. After the last car of a model year is out of warranty, car companies should be required to provide the service manuals for non-commercial use to vehicle owners, for a small reproduction cost. Instead they continue to try to charge hundreds to thousands of dollars as if we are commercial garages. Or maybe they are actively dissuading us from working on the cars hoping we will pay the obscene dealer service prices, until someone surreptitiously duplicates and shares it.

Anyway as Habby said we can't really help you more than that without the car year, trim level, and whether it came with navigation or rear entertainment system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts