Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 MDX needs front lower control arms.
Are there any good quality 3rd party options at a lower price or should I go with OEM?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Both? What did you do? If it's for ball joints, that's one thing, but bushings are available separately.

And if they're both bent? How is it not totalled at that point?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My 07 MDX needs front lower control arms.
Are there any good quality 3rd party options at a lower price or should I go with OEM?
rockauto has a few options and I was leaning towards the MAS brand. For the price of JUST the compliance bushings you can buy whole control arms and the compliance bushing!

Beck & doorman are eh brands that won't last more than a few years. MAS seems to be built with better quality.

It's about $140 per side and includes everything such as the ball joints and other bushing.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
i actually hope somebody could make suspension parts that are superior to OEM. For example, use aluminum alloy for the front and get ride of the stamped steel rear arms.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i actually hope somebody could make suspension parts that are superior to OEM. For example, use aluminum alloy for the front and get ride of the stamped steel rear arms.
the issue really isn't the control arm material but the rubber bushings Acura decided to use. They are designed for comfort!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Both? What did you do? If it's for ball joints, that's one thing, but bushings are available separately.

And if they're both bent? How is it not totalled at that point?
Do you have part number for bushings?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey SuperTech. I didn't do anything except drive my MDX for 270k :)
Not sure if they're bent. 'Stealer' told me they're is a lot of play and must be changed. Front suspension does feel 'loose' when I'm driving.

Thanks for the reply csmeance.
I've ordered a pair of MAS lower control arms.
Definitely much cheaper than OEM.
Hopefully they'll prove to be of decent quality.

Should I buy anything else to go with the arms?

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I asked about control arm bushing...
Part squeezed in between part(14)
that's not really a bushing that affects driving, its 13/15 that are the important ones.

·
Registered
864 Posts
that's not really a bushing that affects driving, its 13/15 that are the important ones.
actually it does affect wheel alignment...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey SuperTech. I didn't do anything except drive my MDX for 270k :)
Not sure if they're bent. 'Stealer' told me they're is a lot of play and must be changed. Front suspension does feel 'loose' when I'm driving.

Thanks for the reply csmeance.
I've ordered a pair of MAS lower control arms.
Definitely much cheaper than OEM.
Hopefully they'll prove to be of decent quality.

Should I buy anything else to go with the arms?
REALLY interested to know how this goes for you, I'm in exactly the same boat (as you know from my other suspension thread!), especially with trying to figure out which brand of LCA's to go with. Please let us know how it goes/take pictures if possible!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Apparently I can't edit my prior post (weird), so sorry to bump this again; was just going to say I'm about to pull the trigger on lower control arms as well, was thinking about going Dorman because I'd heard they were decent as well at some point, but really curious what you think so far of the MAS ones(you probably haven't even gotten em' yet...). Basically, I'm interested in durability, but if I have to replace them in 2 years, I guess I can live with that. I just want the ride to be smooth and controlled again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bumping for an update. Hopefully someone has installed them by now. My front left ball joint has a lot of play and needs to be replaced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts