Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Any "deals" on Acura-Link Subscriptions?

11K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SouthsideDuc 
#1 ·
When I first got my '14 MDX, I subscribed to a 3 year package of Acura-Link Connect because it was "on sale" at the time and I really thought I needed it since the crapulant Acura Nav is junk and I was unable to input destination easily or reliably, except through the smart phone app.

Well, the 3 years is almost up and so they sent me an email to renew. Of course now the service is not "on sale" now and they want $208/year to renew even though I originally got 3 years for just a little more than that. I went to the Acura web site and they list of the price of the "connect" service as $159. So WTF - why do they want to charge me more to renew?

I call them up and it turns out that when you 'buy" Connect, you also have to buy "Standard" - a $49 year up-charge! WTF?

So I tell them it is not worth it unless you can put a supervisor on the phone and get me a deal. No deal! So I'll just let it expire.

Might have to get the "Navtool" like device so I just use Waze and forget their silly service.

Unless someone knows a way to get a discount?

:D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.