Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody heard of any company developing a body kit for the MDX. Honestly the MDX could use some help especially in the front department and maybe on the rear as well(of course the sides too). I dont like those wild "look-at-me" kits but something to "spice" to the front. IMHO the X's side view has a little hint of the front of a boat. A front lower lip will just cure that. I could hardly wait to slap one into my X.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Are you talking about bull bar, crash grill, brush guard, body side moulding, fender flares? If so, do a SEARCH for those. There are lots of threads having information about those.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i'm looking for ground effect kits like lower lip body kit to make the front look a little lower and more aggressive. Some call it front lower lip spoiler/air dam. I've seenan RX-300s with body kits and i want to customize mine like that. I guess the X is to fresh for the aftermarket companies to make one. hopefully they are being developed already , as i know more acura fans are more sporty-minded than lexus or benz fans.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mocking-DX, I know what you mean, fender flares and a bigger nose piece aren't exactly my first choice for body styling either. I was originally considering a toyota highlander just because it had better aftermarket potential. I think there are at least 3 kits available for that.

Maybe if enough of us submit requests to bodykit manufacturers, we can encourage them to design one. C'mon start typing! :4:

Wings West
Kaminari email: [email protected]
Aerogear
Razzi email: [email protected]

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've been looking for a body kit since I got my MDX. I'm not looking for anything to crazy like those civic body kits.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I may add a factory-style spoiler, but otherwise plan to
keep the look "bone stock". (ok, maybe 18" wheels, better tires, and
better brake rotors after I get the planned performance mods done).

:2:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My old 97 CR-V had a body kit. I thought it was tasteful enough. It was made by Erebuni. I didn't particularly like that fit and poor craftsmanship of the body kit, but once I had it on, it looked nice.

I would also like to see a tasteful body kit for the MDX. But it would have to be urethane like the ones made by Xenon......no more fiberglass pieces of crap for me.

Now at 28 years old, I have grown (almost) out of the rice scene. But if some manufacturer made a nice, quality kit, that looked good, and was mildly functional, I would buy one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts