Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cover to the drink holder. The one in my X will sometimes stay down and sometimes will not.

I know it's not a big thing but it can get annoying.

:3:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The first day I drove home my X I noticed the cup holder. It wouldn't stay down. I really didn't feel like going back to dealer that day(spent 6 hours in the two days before purchasing it.....another story in itself). I pulled the cup holder out of its place......ohhh watching the mdx commercial right now....ok, anyways when I pulled it out you can see how the mechanism works(pretty friggen cheesy) but I think it was a little out of alignment. I wiggled and worked it back and forth and started catching. I know this isn't a "rocket scientist" fix but once I got it working it hasn't "broke" since. I do notice that you have to press rather firmly to get the latch to work though. I would love to meet the cappucino sipping engineer who designed these things. The other day when at a gas station my wife asked me if I wanted anything. I shouted "yeah get me a bottle of coke....ahhh wait make that a can." I just shook my head knowing I couldn't enjoy the convenience of a closeable bottle cause my cup holder wouldn't let me.:mad:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Why pray tell is this running under "Classified". It's a good thread, but should be under problems. Additionally, suggest you put the words "Cup Holders" into the Title.

·
Registered
50 Posts
srpbep said:
Additionally, suggest you put the words "Cup Holders" into the Title.
Very good suggestion srpbep. Would make it a little easier for un viewers.

Anyways. I too had a problem with the cup holder cover once. I kept on closing it, but it won't stay down. So I just kep on trying, and buy like the 10th time, it closed. And than it never happened again.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys. . .

My mistake. . . or as some in my generation say, "my bad" on the "Classified" posting. . .

Hockyplayer. . . aside from the advice, which I will try I love the term,
"cappucino sipping engineer". . . you had me rolling with that

:21:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts