Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a real preference as to the location of a booster seat (only 1 child) in the second seat? Is the center better or are the outboard locations better?

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
We keep GG Jr.'s booster seat in the middle. Although it is a bit more difficult getting him in there than say one of the outboard positions, my instict tells me it would be safer in most catastrophic type crashes, like getting T-Boned at an intersection or rolling over. However, I'm guessing that in a head on crash, the outboard seats might help protect a child better due to the fact that the front seats will help shield them from stuff coming in through the windshield. Having the seat in the middle also facilitates access to the third row seats. On occassions where I've had to carry a lot of stuff in the back, I've had no qualms about putting the booster in the passenger side outboard position so we could fold down the wider parr of the 60/40 seat (or is it 70/30? :p ) In any event, I think your kid will be very safe in the back of the 'X, no matter which position you choose. I believe the 'X received 5 stars in the rear seat side-impact crash test.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just came back from visiting my daughter's family. The youngest boy uses a booster seat, and I put it in the middle position. We had 2 adults riding in the 2nd seat (and 2 kids in the 3rd row). It seemed easier to let both adults have a door. I also thought it would be better to have the short legs in the middle position where there is a little less foot room. This also allowed us to use the cup holders in the console top, although he kicked it once!

I was worried that it would be hard to put the seat in, but it was a breeze. It had a tether, and securing it with the seat belt was much easier than in my daughter's Suburban. It was in (and out) in 2 minutes.

She is due to have another in May, so I'll find out how easy it is to put in a full baby seat. Has anyone tried one of the LATCH seats?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS FOR THE INFO, EVERYONE!

I always prefer the center, rear position, because it seems inherently safer than any other for children. I was so pleased with all of the safety ratings for the 'X, and I think in any case my little one will be safer in this vehicle than in any other. I was just interested in everyone's experience with booster seats.

Man... I'm getting old! Just 5 years ago I would have been concerned about how sleek and cool the 'X is... now booster seats and safety ratings....;) Oh well, at least it has it all!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts