Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 2016 AWD MDX with tech+AWP; the dealer tells me that there is no Anti-Theft Identification Card (a piece of card that gives you the navigation/radio code) that comes with the 3rd generation MDX. Did your MDX also not come with the card?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In previous MDXes, you used to need them when the battery goes dead/replaced without a special equipment to keep the electric system "alive." Your navigation and radio used to become "locked" until you put the pin numbers that come with the Anti-Theft Identification Card. This occasion used to come unexpectedly and much later in your vehicle's life; and with vehicle's age, it becomes more difficult to get the information from the original dealer. It is best to keep the card IF the vehicle is supposed to come with the Anti-Theft Identification card. I posted this to see if the 2016 MDX Tech + AWP is supposed to come with the card.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
So, that card is supposed to be in the section where they do the pre-sale checklist I think, but when I looked at mine, it didn't have a code either. The last time I asked about it, someone mentioned that the MDX system may not actually need a code. Need to verify...

·
Registered
91 Posts
No card needed, this is from 2014 manual p.201:

Audio System Theft Protection

The audio system is disabled when it is disconnected from the power source, such as
when the battery is disconnected or goes dead. In certain conditions, the system
may display Enter PIN Code. If this occurs, reactivate the audio system.

Reactivating the audio system
1. Set the power mode to ON.
2. Turn on the audio system.
3. Press and hold the audio system power button for more than two seconds.
-The audio system is reactivated when the audio control unit establishes a
connection with the vehicle control unit. If the control unit fails to recognize
the audio unit, you must go to a dealer and have the audio unit checked

·
Registered
661 Posts
The explanation for no anti-theft card is that no one would want to steal the navigation unit, screen, or other related items in the 2014+ MDX.

[/sarcasm off]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts