Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a new Video on Navi solution that interfaces with the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV. It was originally designed by VideoNavi but has been improved and "mass" produced by a guy named Vlad on the Clublexus.com site. $299 for the interface, but you need to also get the Pioneer tuner.

Should work with all Navis, but the claim is it only works with the Lexus now.

http://www.video-nav.com/

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
P7000TV

About a month ago I bought a Pioneer GEX-P7000TV from fellow MDX forum member Haim user id acura-mdx. I highly recomend doing business with this guy. He is extremly honest, kind, and a great shipper.

If you go on the acura-tl forum there is a member known as songoku who used this unit with no additional materials other then a cheap radio shack ir sensor to create a superior video conversion unit. No static, which is a problem for the overpriced avc-rgb1. It plays TV and all that is required is an atenna.

In a couple weeks I'll be watching my favorite bands on DVD on my navi screen. Best part is the hundreds of dollars saved.

My conversion costs breakdown;

Installation= $ 0.00 (the unit does not have to be opened)
GEX-P7000TV= 180.00
DVD Player= 0.00 (won a dvd player in Atlantic City)
IR Sensor= 3.00

Total= $ 183.00

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: P7000TV

manus1980 said:
If you go on the acura-tl forum there is a member known as songoku who used this unit with no additional materials other then a cheap radio shack ir sensor to create a superior video conversion unit. No static, which is a problem for the overpriced avc-rgb1.
I have the AVC-RGB1 and I don't get static. Second, I paid $120 for the avc-rgb1, I don't think that's overpriced.

It plays TV and all that is required is an atenna.

In a couple weeks I'll be watching my favorite bands on DVD on my navi screen. Best part is the hundreds of dollars saved.

I don't think an IR sensor alone will convert Composite signals to RGB which is REQUIRED for the Navi do display video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts