Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
The FOB stays in the vehicle at all times except when out and about and need to lock it. In fact, it's been hard developing a habit of remembering to take the FOB with me. So, this may have something to do with why it happens.

I could try hitting the start button but, would need to climb over the console to start it since opening the driver's door resets it. And, to be clear, the instrument display is completely off when it's in this mode.

In my case, it seems related to the front passenger door. Yesterday, I also had the rear gate open a couple times along with the door so, who knows. I'm pretty sure it has happened before when only the front passenger door was opened. Do you leave your FOB in the vehicle when it's in your garage? I'm curious if that is in common here.

My only concern with this odd behavior is what if it happens and I don't notice it while leaving the vehicle sit for a few days. Unlikely, but how long before it would weaken or kill the battery? Probably a long time but, why deplete the battery at all for a bug? Rhetorical question, of course.
See my comment about my battery going dead. Maybe this was the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts