Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2023 A-Spec / Had '06 Touring/Nav
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I keep finding some odd behaviors and I just wonder if others have seen them as well.

I was in the garage putzing around and opened and closed the rear gate/front passenger door and found the info display screen on. It's a low signal as in, unintended I think but, who knows. It has happened 4-5 times over 3 mo of ownership. I just open and close the driver's door to reset it.

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Has anyone else seen this?

I would say most of the bugs I've found seem caused by immature software or firmware. Hopefully Acura corrects most of this stuff in updates. Did they offer software updates for gen 3? Was the process solid? Has Acura released any updates for gen 4?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it's a 'feature' or something related to the FOB repeatedly coming within proximity of the vehicle and the doors opening/closing
The FOB stays in the vehicle at all times except when out and about and need to lock it. In fact, it's been hard developing a habit of remembering to take the FOB with me. So, this may have something to do with why it happens.
You might also want to turn the car on when the screen is like that to see if the infotainment boots up through the normal screens or stays like your picture.
I could try hitting the start button but, would need to climb over the console to start it since opening the driver's door resets it. And, to be clear, the instrument display is completely off when it's in this mode.
Same thing on type s. Open/close door reset the screen. Very odd and can’t reproduce the exact set of events that caused it
In my case, it seems related to the front passenger door. Yesterday, I also had the rear gate open a couple times along with the door so, who knows. I'm pretty sure it has happened before when only the front passenger door was opened. Do you leave your FOB in the vehicle when it's in your garage? I'm curious if that is in common here.

My only concern with this odd behavior is what if it happens and I don't notice it while leaving the vehicle sit for a few days. Unlikely, but how long before it would weaken or kill the battery? Probably a long time but, why deplete the battery at all for a bug? Rhetorical question, of course.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you left it in that weird state long enough to determine whether it just shuts itself off after a minute or few minutes, like the proximity detection, or whether it stays on forever until you open/close the driver door?

Leaving the FOB in the vehicle and then opening doors may have something to do with it. You can try an experiment of not leaving the FOB in there for awhile and seeing if the problem no longer exists.

btw - Most garages are very easy to break into so consider that when leaving the FOB in the vehicle.
I haven't tried leaving it to see if it goes off by itself. I'll have to give that a try sometime just for peace of mind. Who knows, it may have done this and I didn't notice it at some point.

If it wasn't for our Wi-Fi garage door openers set to close automatically at 11PM each night, we would leave the doors wide open. It used to happen pretty regularly.
we are fortunate to live in an area where it's extremely unlikely anyone will be breaking in. But, I imagine that is definitely a concern in some places. I've been leaving keys in all cars at home and my office for 30+ years. Haven't even lost a pair of sunglasses.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, mine has done this on occasion and I can't figure out why. The fob is nowhere near the car. It's when I go in to grab something and I haven't been able to get it to happen with consistency yet.
Yep, that's the deal. Just going in from the passenger side to grab something or throw something in there. I park inside my building at work so, I'm going to try and deliberately create this bug and see if I can duplicate it. Then, a detailed email to Acura in the hope they can put it on the list of software updates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts