Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this forum and have not found anyone complaining about this, but I've had this car for 2 years and pretty much from the beginning this thing will randomly turn on the rear window defogger when you use the remote to start the car. Doesn't matter what the temp is outside, I live in Phoenix AZ and it's been over 110 and it'll come on. Anyone else have this issue? Again, random is the key word...

Also, I guess I should mention another quirk that I haven't been able to find here in the Forums. The climate control is supposed to come on to whatever it's last state was for each driver when you start the car. Sometimes this car will come on and the A/C will be completely shut off. Happens to both driver 1 and driver 2. Again, randomly and not very often, but it does happen. I know, I know, these are complicated vehicles electrically/computer and there will be glitches. But these seem to be the two most prevalent issues that we've noticed over the years.

One more things, a general rant (only happened once)...Oh yeah, and God forbid you have a bad battery and when you go to stop and a stop sign and the engine shuts off and then doesn't come back on right away like it's supposed to. That was covered by warranty fortunately, but was a bit embarrassing being stuck at a left turn for a few minutes until I was able to start the vehicle again.
Sorry I'm ranting here and getting off topic. I saw a thread about complains for these but it was about a year old so I figured on starting a new topic specific to my issues. Thanks for hanging in there with all this! :)

2016 MDX - Advance Pkg (not SH-AWD)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
One more things, a general rant (only happened once)...Oh yeah, and God forbid you have a bad battery and when you go to stop and a stop sign and the engine shuts off and then doesn't come back on right away like it's supposed to. That was covered by warranty fortunately, but was a bit embarrassing being stuck at a left turn for a few minutes until I was able to start the vehicle again.
That's odd. The system is supposed to monitor several factors (temperature and battery charge level are two of the factors) and NOT engage the auto stop-start system unless it has a high degree of confidence that it will restart. When it's cold outside I notice my auto start-stop doesn't engage until I've warmed the vehicle up and driven a few miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts