Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I own an Acura MDX tech package 2014 and I was wondering the changes needed to have android car like the 2018 + model? thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Ok so to really answer your question...

So far you need:
-the actual head unit (only saw one on ebay a few months ago for $250 but it is sold now)
-the upper screen (one is still on ebay from LKQ)
-the AA/CP cpu located in the center console under the storage area
-the new wheel section that includes smartphone as the right most button (also on ebay from LKQ)
-the new harness between the head unit and the AA/CP cpu
-possibly the new harnesses been the head unit, upper screen, and controls, but i haven't had time to look for the wiring diagrams to confirm. They have the same heads, but yeah who knows if additional wires were added or changed pin out locations
-someone mentioned the TCU which is the telematics control unit because if hd radio yessir l traffic for navigation instead of cellular
-I'm trying to confirm if a new amp is needed

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello everyone. I own an Acura MDX tech package 2014 and I was wondering the changes needed to have android car like the 2018 + model? thank you for your help.
Are you asking if you can get Android Auto on your 2014?
Yes you can. I personally don't recommend going the route you plan on going.
You can either install Navtool with Apple Carplay and Android Auto or there seems to be a new product that can get this I am forgetting the name of it. I will update if I remember.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Are you asking if you can get Android Auto on your 2014?
Yes you can. I personally don't recommend going the route you plan on going.
You can either install Navtool with Apple Carplay and Android Auto or there seems to be a new product that can get this I am forgetting the name of it. I will update if I remember.
Grom vline2

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts