Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to know what your guys' experiences have been with AA on the 2018 TLX style infotainment systems. I love that car and am thinking about buying it but the only thing holding me back is that. omegle Just wanted to know if using maps is more difficult to use (like zooming in and out, searching for places, etc.) discord and if the whole experience is cumbersome. I have a 2018 Accord LX right now and was thinking of getting the same car but the 2.0T EX-L trim once my lease is up but the TLX has got me hooked. The SH-AWD, its look, speakers, premium features, xender and all that make me want to buy it but the only thing holding me back is that infotainment system. I haven't actually used it and I will test it once this virus goes away but just wanted to know your guys' thoughts.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I have the same infotainment system in my 19 MDX I use for my older iPhone 6S+. The current TLX/MDX/ILX/RLX infotainment is outdated; but, functional compared to the current Honda or +19 RDX versions. I've gone on several road trips of about 8000 miles total and I didn't use carplay as much as I thought I would compared to just bluetooth streaming. I also had my carplay down for months last fall when the iPhone IOS update 13.X.X came out. Carplay would disconnect every 1-3 minutes and freeze for 10-30 seconds the infotainment system at times. It took about +2 months of updates for it to get back stable again. Something like this might be an issue with future smartphone updates down the road.

I ended up (and still do) just use the iPhone in a cup mount phone holder with Waze for navi and bluetooth streaming for music. The Waze directions/warnings still come through the front speakers and I can have Acura navi on the top screen for easy viewing. You don't get the album art on lower touch screen with bluetooth. I do miss Siri reading texts to me and responding back with my voice. I also like how I could voice search address or music with Siri. Having to use the Acura navi knob with Carplay is a PITA for a touch screen app.

The big issue with Acura Navi is you can't input navi addresses on the go compared to Carplay. You can subscribe to AcuraLink that uses Google maps to send addresses from your smartphone on the go to the TLX for $160-$566 depending on 1-3 yr subscription. I find the AcuraLink address system doesn't work consistently and takes too long for status updates and sending addresses sometimes. If I can't use AcuraLink to send the address to Acuranavi, I just plug in my smartphone instead. Again, the knob takes 4X-8X longer and very cumbersome to access Carplay touchscreen features with only the Navi knob.

The current V-6 TLX w/ the 9AT seems to be the main issue with this version. The 2.4L fwd version would be around the same price as the 2.0T Accord (Accord would have more power and latest infortainment). I think I would lean towards the 2.0T Accord, check out the +19 RDX, or wait for the next Gen TLX with precision cockpit like the +19 RDX if infotainment is high on your list.

You could at-least test drive the +19 RDX to see if the cockpit and infotainment is what you like compared to the Honda 2.0T.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts