Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2023 MDX A-Spec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2023 MDX A-Spec since July and love everything about it. I use google maps every day to compare different commute routes to/from work to avoid traffic, which involves just a couple clicks on the Android Auto Google Maps screen to pick "work" then click the little reroute button. This function has worked since July but in the last week I've had a problem occur.

It lets me make one click on the destination or the search box, but when I go to make a second click (like to pick a route or to select in the search box) I don't have anything highlighted and no matter what I do with the TTP, I get nothing. I can click "back" and that returns me back but it backs me out of whatever I was doing as well. I tried going to Home and back in but no dice. No other apps besides Google Maps seem to show this problem (Waze, Spotify, etc are fine). The only workaround I've found is using the TTP control for the right screen to switch between the audio and navigation apps (both of which are in android auto) gives me my cursor back, at least temporarily. It's not an elegant workaround, but it's better than literally no touch control.

Of course I've tried turning the car on and off, no impact. I've rebooted my phone, no change. MDX software says it's up to date.

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Adv
74 Posts
I've had my 2023 MDX A-Spec since July and love everything about it. I use google maps every day to compare different commute routes to/from work to avoid traffic, which involves just a couple clicks on the Android Auto Google Maps screen to pick "work" then click the little reroute button. This function has worked since July but in the last week I've had a problem occur.

It lets me make one click on the destination or the search box, but when I go to make a second click (like to pick a route or to select in the search box) I don't have anything highlighted and no matter what I do with the TTP, I get nothing. I can click "back" and that returns me back but it backs me out of whatever I was doing as well. I tried going to Home and back in but no dice. No other apps besides Google Maps seem to show this problem (Waze, Spotify, etc are fine). The only workaround I've found is using the TTP control for the right screen to switch between the audio and navigation apps (both of which are in android auto) gives me my cursor back, at least temporarily. It's not an elegant workaround, but it's better than literally no touch control.

Of course I've tried turning the car on and off, no impact. I've rebooted my phone, no change. MDX software says it's up to date.

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?
Known Google Maps issue the last week or two.
Try the touchpad's back button.
Also try, "Okay Google. Navigate to...".

·
Registered
'22 MDX Type S Adv
484 Posts
Damn yeah I have noticed the input problem in the past week or so... hitting the home button and going back into aa has fixed it most of the time. But I have also seen the cursor drop irreparably in search.

We may need to organize complaints to acura to get this stuff fixed.

·
Registered
2023 MDX A-Spec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, glad to know it's not just something broken on my end. Going out and back in doesn't work if you're in a couple menus deep, but the right screen trick has worked to get the cursor back as long as google maps are active as the navigation app (eg, not Acura maps).

I don't think the car software changed so does that mean it's a google/phone issue?

·
Registered
'22 MDX Type S Adv
484 Posts
OK, glad to know it's not just something broken on my end. Going out and back in doesn't work if you're in a couple menus deep, but the right screen trick has worked to get the cursor back as long as google maps are active as the navigation app (eg, not Acura maps).

I don't think the car software changed so does that mean it's a google/phone issue?
It probably has to be an android auto issue.

·
Registered
2020 MDX Hybrid Advance
322 Posts
According to some forums this is fixed with Google maps v11.58. It is available for apk download but not yet in play store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts