Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend, I had to move into the dorm and decided to take a long and unusual route from Orlando, Florida to Miami, Florida. This route consistent with taking the FL Turnpike North for 45 miles to I-75, and then some 320 miles south on I-75, 10 miles on US 27 S, 10 miles on FL-997 South and 5 miles on US-41 East. The total distance of this drive was 390 miles.

I did fill up once at a Costco in Fort Myers, with the Fill-up being roughly about 12.5 gals. I did lose the gas receipt, so I couldn't get the correct values, but from the MDXs onboard MPG calculations, I got roughly 23 MPGs. This was a factor of driving 23 miles from Costco to home on Friday, a 20-30 minutes slow-down on I-75 S in Bradenton due to a newer model Nissan severely rear ending a Tesla Model Y, and a few hard accelerations on the on-ramp to get up to speed, and of course, we cannot leave out those that suck at driving but managed to get their drivers license.

The weekend prior to this trip, I did wax the majority of the vehicle except for the left and right mirrors, roof, and the rear bumper. And with yesterday's downpour while getting groceries in South Florida, the boat load of bird crappings and dead love bugs (its lovebug season here in Florida), went away.

I did a quick express $3 wash at the Shell station across the university, and I do need to do polishing the next time when I am going to wax the entire vehicle, since the paint and clear has some severe microscratches. I also was able to get some nice pictures of the MDX at night.

However, nothing beats than seeing a first and that was around noon today. I garage park the MDX while I am on campus, so when I went to my MDX, I noticed there was another MDX in the same row, and to make it a rare event, it was another Brown MDX w/ Tech, although it is way newer (2019-2020 MY).

Attachments

Reactions: BK1965 and 17X

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2nd set of pictures.

Attachments

Reactions: 17X
1 - 2 of 2 Posts