Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How freakin' ignorant and blindsighted can people get? Sheesh:

Found on a discussion forum:

"According to DOE statistics (and taking mergers/acquisitions into account), only three belong on that list: Sinclair, Sunoco and Hess. All the other companies do, in fact, use varying amounts of petroleum imported from the Gulf region.

Therefore, to completely avoid buying gasoline made from Arab oil, a diligent consumer must refuel only at Sinclair, Sunoco and Hess service stations. "

Diligent? Against what you utter moron? Ok I give up on such people. *SIGH* my friends are right, it _is_ a good thing I am not ruler of the world. "Horrible" things would happen to certainly people. :3: :3: :3: :3:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Doesn't it all get mixed together, I mean who is to really know where the oil comes from. For example, if you were BP and had a refinery on the east coast, how would a consumer know how much of your oil came from US, Britain, Venz. or Kuwait?
I know, for example, if we open our (US) oil reserves like we did in the summer of 1999, those gallons of oil wouldn't go to just Americans, the some of the oil gets exported to Japan, based on who (the American Govt) decides get to market that oil from the reserves. it is impossible to track by barrell to gallon of gasoline, I think:13:

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
I agree, there is no real way to tell where the oil comes from. It changes hands so many times in-transit and during the refining process, that it would be impossible to know for sure. Hey ndahbar, you're my right in candidate for the next presidential election!;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, "sending money to people trying to kill me". Now that's a *&%!ing riot. Iraqis are trying to kill Americans. They represent a marked danger to the American people.

Y-yeah, right. And I was playing golf with Armstrong on the moon in '69. Smokin' da weed in zero-gravity in the lunar lander was pretty narly too. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts