Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one or does anybody else have problems with their AM radio reception? It literally suks.
Since 95% of my radio listening is on the AM band, it really deteriorates after dark. The only thing you can listen to is the local 50,000 watter.
Is it too sensitive or not selective enough, and should it do better? Plan on talking with the dealer on the next visit and could use other.s feedback.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I dont know about AM, but I am having problems with FM. I usually get some static hiss with stations that should come in loud and clear. If I do a station scan, it will pass over it. I will be having it checked out next chance I get.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've noticed my AM reception has gotten noticeably worse over the last week or so. Stations which used to come in fine all the time now fade out under a (minor) overpass, and other stations now have static when they didn't use to. I saw reference in another thread to the dealer tightening the antenna. Anyone know if this is something I can do without special tools or major dissassembly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts