Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feels kind of alone here........... SO SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
:confused: Are you depressed or something? :confused:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Fear not. You're not alone. Enjoy your ride during our current rains and use the 4WD feature to get you through the boulevard bogs. Rejoice! A new year will soon be upon us!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dj-mdx2 said:
:confused: Are you depressed or something? :confused:
I would be if I was the only one here from SF Bay Area.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ROTORRAY said:
Fear not. You're not alone. Enjoy your ride during our current rains and use the 4WD feature to get you through the boulevard bogs. Rejoice! A new year will soon be upon us!
Thanks. Nice to know I am not the only one. Too bad it doesn't snow here.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Time to move out East to the land of the four seasons.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Many MDXs around the Bay Area, not many real MDXers though.

Had a co-worker who had visitors from Sweden who asked how much snow does San Jose get. My co-worker answered none, and then asked them why they asked. Answer: they saw so many 4WD vehicles on the road, they assumed there was significant snowfall here.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
ArtW said:

Had a co-worker who had visitors from Sweden who asked how much snow does San Jose get. My co-worker answered none, and then asked them why they asked. Answer: they saw so many 4WD vehicles on the road, they assumed there was significant snowfall here.
What is a "real MDXers ?"

G

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
ArtW said:

Simply not true!
You need to do some historical searches.
The Bay Area MDXers are among the first to have a full scale outing in Northern CA..there a tons of pictures and posts about it on the forum.
We are not as active anymore, that is true. But have not forgotten our humble beginnings.
I still consider myself part of the BAmdxrs though I have moved south for retirement. And have only greatscot and may one other member anywhere nearby.
So, you are not alone in spirit, even though we don't frequent very often anymore. Go back to the 2001-2003 time period and you will find us in abundance! Proud to say the Bay Area members were among the most active group during the formation of this wonderful forum.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ArtW said:
This is freaken hilarious!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
ArtW said:
So your co-worker should have asked if all women in Sweden were blonde, blue-eyed, buxom beauties like those on the Swedish National bikini team . . . :2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi G,

What I call avid MDX owners who post to this site.

DaleB,

You're right as usual, however, I do see a lot of 04/05s around and haven't seen many new members showing up.

SocalJD,

maybe...:D

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
ArtW said:
Hi G,

What I call avid MDX owners who post to this site.

DaleB,

You're right as usual, however, I do see a lot of 04/05s around and haven't seen many new members showing up.

SocalJD,

maybe...:D
I agree, we are not as 'avid' (or rabid?) as we used to be. That can be explained by the lack of desire to cover a lot of the same material over again.
And still a fair number of us hanging on to 01 and 02 models. Which is good really for the reliability stats.

·
Registered
470 Posts
hey, i guess it's time to chime in for the bay area!

shout out to all the ol' timers and welcome to the newbie's:)

with three MDXs under our belt, i think i can truly say we are devoted to Acura.

as a matter of fact, i think my cousin and her husband are picking up their 2006 today. good luck liza and joseph (aka jojop):D

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 2 cents....

Although I dont post to this web site very often, I do visit this forum 1-2 times pe week. Sorry to say, but maybe I am a lurker. :)

For those of you that live in the Bay Area, you can't drive on a freeway for more than a few minutes w/o seeing a fellow MDX on the road. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Acura MDXer said:
My 2 cents....

Although I dont post to this web site very often, I do visit this forum 1-2 times pe week. Sorry to say, but maybe I am a lurker. :)

For those of you that live in the Bay Area, you can't drive on a freeway for more than a few minutes w/o seeing a fellow MDX on the road. :)
This is true. I sometimes park and there will be two other Sagebrush Pearls in the same lot not to mention other colors. One thing I do notice in the Bay Area is a HECK OF A LOT Lexus RX 330's but its mostly women driving them. MDX's are about half and half.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hey, I actually drove through Pittsburgh, CA last week on my way to Tahoe. Traffic on 680/80 sucked so bad that I detoured. Had so-so Chinese in P-burg before continuing through cow country back to 80 and up to Tahoe. Took me a total of 7 hours to make the schlep from my office in Foster City (SM bridge). Ouch.

Feel free to look for my black X on the road. License plate is LT CARVR (that's lake tahoe, not lieutenant). You can see it on the road to/from Truckee on Fridays and Sundays all winter. Its usually clean on Friday and filthy on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts