Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
Well I finally got my cargo tray a few days ago from Tim (bought it as part of a group buy - 10% off). To my big disappointment, it is made out of plastic. I looked back to Acura website and I guess it's supposed to be made out of plastic. Why in the world they wouldn't make it out of rubber, just like the floor mats? It most certainly isn't worth even $92 (forget $145 my dealer asked for it). In addition to bad quality it arrived all rolled up, so now I can't even put it in without all the edges sticking up. It's been sitting in my living room with some heavy stuff on top of it (hoping to make it flat).
I just don't get it. My 1997 Isuzu Trooper (the basic model) came with cargo mat (rubber), cargo cover, and cargo net as a STANDARD equipment. Did I mention that I paid $23K for that truck?

·
Registered
449 Posts
The weathetech cargo mat is also made out of some sort of plastic. I actually have not seen a rubber cargo mat. To make the cargo mat flat, just let it lay in the truck and don't worry gravity will do the work for you instead of some heavy books.
IMO, the cargo mat is quite useful and you can rinse it out with water just like the rubber mat, not really any difference. The only thing that I can think of that rubber mats would be better is that they are softer and feel better to step on , but I hardly ever step on my cargo mat.:D

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Miro:

___I can’t help what you think of the cargo mat itself but if you were to roll the mat up opposite of the way it arrived, I believe the rolled up edges would disappear even faster than letting gravity perform its magic over time. Since it’s a wee bit cold around these parts, I would let it sit in the house this way for a day or two and you should be set …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Miro,

I know what you mean - I was a bit disappointed in the tray but in practice it works out pretty well. Now that the tray is in use, I don't notice that it's lesser grade. A thick rubber mat would be much heavier and, given the size, might be awkward to move in and out. I might agree that it's a bit overpriced (based on materials) but I use mine all of the time and am very happy with how it has worked. I think it's worth the price b/c of its utility and the fact that it has the cutouts and custom fit.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It works

It works great...trust me we have tested it several times:( . Twice I have had the need to unexpectedly put up the 3rd row seats and I was glad that it is somewhat flimsy and rolls up easy.

Niles:)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was also expecting rubber and had the same concerns when I received mine last week (also part of the group buy). It has been working out very well, and is much easier to put in and take out than the rubber one I had in my Lexus. Mine has finally flattened out just fine.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It takes few day to flat the cargo tray... but after that.. it works perfectly. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts