Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Am I making a mistake? (Buying 2011)

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Alpine003 
#1 ·
I've put a refundable deposit down on a 2011 MDX with Advance package, 85,000 miles. It appears to be pristine. The carfax shows a 1 owner car and being dealer serviced its entire life. I know people go to boards like these in search of problem fixes, but there still seems to be mixed reviews on these - especially the ones with the Advance package and the SH-AWD. So, does the MDX really have that many problems, or are those who are unhappy in the minority? For one, spending $4k on suspension replacement is a little absurd on a car I'm about to pay $19K for.

While I'll be moving to Texas soon, where the roads are better than in most places, I'll be driving it in norther NM for a couple of months. In between Los Alamos, where I live, and Santa Fe (the only place to go if you don't want to eat bar food) there's a dip/road transition while going over a bridge that does compress the suspension pretty hard when you go over it. That one little transition is making me worry that I'll blow out the magnetic suspension.

#3 ·
Well, the 1st question I have is... is it a CPO car from a reputable dealer? because CPO usually covers the suspension issue you mentioned. Otherwise, it's hard to comment on any particular used cars without test driving, knowing the history and having a 3rd party inspection. Hopefully, you've done homework before making the purchase.

There are problems and issues across any given years/models/generations of the MDX. Some people have zero problems with their cars and other have nightmares.

#4 ·
Yeah it's hard to know the previous owners history on how they treated the car, but I would see if the dealer can give you 3-6mos warranty, at least on the drivetrain as some '10+ models had oil consumption issues which can be hard to detect until you've driven it a few thousand miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.