Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 mdx, two weeks ago my battery and brake lights came on, changed the alternator.. ran good for about a day and then I hit a pothole, the lights came back on. If I get going up to 3 rpms and over the lights go off, once I let off the gas they come back on... any ideas? I was told it could be a wiring problem or a sensor.

Please I need help our second car ( a Cadillac) is horrible on gas and I need my truck back asap...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Check your ground wires from the block to the front body, and from the battery to the engine block.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I helped a friend a while ago with a similar situation. His "check engine" light would be on at idle, then he'd rev his engine and the light would go away. Back to idle, it would re-appear.

After some research, we thought it was a cracked air intake hose (some type of vacuum leak), but it ended up being a blown intake manifold gasket.

One way to check is to listen and use your fingers on a cold engine just started and search for the tell-tale sucking sound anywhere unmetered air can enter.

I know it's not your "check engine" light, but at the very least, you can mark this off your list of possibilities (if it's not the case)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts