Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
I am in the same situation, with about 7 more months to decide.

I owned 3 MDXs (2001, 2005, 2012), and I dislike 2014-2015 gutless looks, plus I'm tired of bringing a supposedly luxury vehicle to be serviced by a less-than-sub-par local Acura dealership.

My list is also quite short, and so far includes only Germans (X5/GL450/Q7), but I am also really interested in a new Volvo XC90. Problem is all tip the scales at over 60K when configured to my liking (including XC90).

Decisions, decisions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvdCcBUOhw

I was in a similar situation to OP. I only owned Acuras in my past 20 years. Acura Integra GSR, Acura TLS and the MDX. For the first time, I did make the switch to Audi Q7 a few weeks ago. I was spending too much on the maintenance of MDX.

So far, Q7 has been great. In some categories it's not MDX. But overall, it drives well. Yes it's a bit overweight and heavy and a bit dated. None of that has bothered me.

Audi is redesigning Q7 next year and shedding some weight. That may be a better option if you can wait.

I am still going strong on my 2007 TLS with 150k and counting. Have no issues with it.

I do feel Acura is losing their selling power with the recent mishaps including MDX.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any thoughts on the Infiniti QX60? Not quite sold on the styling but would love to hear your opinion or experiences.
We strongly considered the QX60, but the spouse thought it was too minivanish. We decided on the new 3rd Gen Murano - offers all your bells and whistles wants but definitely a crossover.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.