Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was snowing while I was driving MDX in early afternoon. Suddenly an incoming car (a new model of VW Jetta) starts to slipping on the road. In about 15 seconds, Jetta spinned about 540 degrees and switch 3 lanes and finally stop the car right in front of me.

Thanks for the great snow performance of MDX, otherwise it will be a car accident.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Glad you're alright. Especially in snow, it usually is the "other" guy and not the X.

·
Registered
259 Posts
No kidding! Glad that you and your X are alright! Kudos to your X! :2:

2003 SS MDX - cdn model - res,back up sensor,cargo net,Husky all weather floor mats

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had something similar.

I was returning home with my 2 babies from the doctor's office when I started slowing down at a red light. I saw a big bakery/laundry delivery truck coming down a hill on my left. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed he wasn't slowing down. Then I noticed the hill was covered in snow and he was hydroplaning the whole way down. I gunned the car and he missed me by 2 feet. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw him just skid into the middle of the road. Fortunately, there was no one in back of me. It would have been terrible since my baby was on the left side of the car and there are no airbags there.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am glad everybody is fine!!!

We had an interesting experience too. Left X in Boston and went to Montreal for New Year in my Montero. When came back on Sunday, saw 4-5 cars severely damaged in the parking lot we left the MDX in.

Turns out that on New Year's eve this lady decided to check things with her ex-husband while totally drunk. Drove her Camry at about 50mph around a loop in a townhouse complex on the ice and snow. Needless to say, she got the car spinning, hit and damaged 6 cars and tried to drive away from a security guard, ending up in a pile of snow.

So these cars were pretty banged up!!! Fortunately, our MDX was about 30 feet away from there and did not get hit at all! :)

However, it had about 2 feet of snow on it - to the point you could barely tell what kind of car it is! :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doggiedog said:
I had something similar.

I was returning home with my 2 babies from the doctor's office when I started slowing down at a red light. I saw a big bakery/laundry delivery truck coming down a hill on my left. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed he wasn't slowing down. Then I noticed the hill was covered in snow and he was hydroplaning the whole way down. I gunned the car and he missed me by 2 feet. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw him just skid into the middle of the road. Fortunately, there was no one in back of me. It would have been terrible since my baby was on the left side of the car and there are no airbags there.
doggiedog,

Wow~~~ that is close. the jetta missed me about 5 feet.

·
Registered
449 Posts
doggiedog said:
I would have gotten T boned if I didn't gun it. Fortunately, the MDX has some ballz when you mash the pedal.:)
Hope your MDX does not have a girl name or that would make it really weird. Girl and Ballz do not mix.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts