Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this before? My car just popped this up when I was making a three point turn on a local road. Not going fast. Then, suddenly the initial torque application at throttle tip-in (hybrid car) disappeared. Of course, with enough throttle, the ICE comes alive. So I could drive the car. I pulled over and restarted the car and msg went away. Very strange.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
In the 4 years of ownership (hybrid) I've had this issue 4-5 times. Usually I shut off the engine, restart it and it clears by itself. I'm currently at 97,000 miles and no major issues yet with the awd system

·
Registered
2020 MDX Hybrid Advance
324 Posts
Happenned once to me. Dealer was able to pull a "trans learning out of bounds" code when I brought it to them the next day, despite my Tmo syncupdrive not reporting any obd2 codes. Dealer reset the trans learning and it hasn't come back in 30k miles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Happened to me a few weeks ago. I was parked on a very steep incline and the message appeared as soon as I started the car. I moved the car and restarted it, message was gone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So do you guys just live with it? Can’t the dealer pull the OBD code and tell you what’s wrong with it? Clearly this isn’t acceptable. It’s not like we are driving a FIAT or Alfa Romeo. Or a BMW after warranty ran out….

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Is the “trans learning“ reset to fix this issue something we can do at home (like disconnect the battery for X minutes)? I haven’t had this issue (yet) on my 19 MDX hybrid (+41,000 miles) or 18 RLX hybrid (+23,000 miles).

·
Registered
2019 MDX Sport Hybrid
13 Posts
Is the “trans learning“ reset to fix this issue something we can do at home (like disconnect the battery for X minutes)? I haven’t had this issue (yet) on my 19 MDX hybrid (+41,000 miles) or 18 RLX hybrid (+23,000 miles).
I performed the actions in this video to do a transmission reset last year:

I haven’t had the issue the original poster is talking but I tried this transmission reset when I was trying to get rid of a buzzing noise from the transmission. As far as I could tell it performed the reset because I saw the same signals from dash that the video states happen. It didn’t resolve my issue back then but that’s because mine ultimately turned out to be because of low fluid. Don’t know if this truly resets the transmission but it’s worth a shot though because it’s easy and there weren’t any side effects. The MDX drove like normal afterwards.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I suspect that if the display still has the message on it at the dealer then they can pull any codes related to it. Once it goes away getting a diagnostic is going to depend on what and how long diagnostics are stored. However dealer should have information on what to do if the display pops up for diagnostics so they should be able to at least do some checks.
Our hybrid has 44K miles and haven't had this code (or any other issues) yet. BTW I doubt that the common parts store OBDII reader would be able to read any codes for it. Dedicated systems can dig deeper.

·
Registered
2020 MDX Hybrid Advance
324 Posts
When I had the message, I turned off the car and then turned it on and the message went away. The dealer was still able to read it the next day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts