Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the lights in my 2016 MDX SH-AWD suddenly lit up, all wheel system problem, brake system prblem, VSA system, emissions system, hill assist, etc etc. Car is still running normally. All the maintenances are up to date. What is going on here?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I remember other post said something similar like you described, he changed the battery and it's all good, you can always go to Advance auto Part to have them check the alternator and battery for free.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just changed the battery on my 15 like couple days ago, but I don't have all lights on, it just won't start in the morning.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do I need to be concerned about factory code or anything that will mess up with electronics when changing battery?

·
Registered
341 Posts
No. A good battery store will be able to clear codes for you after you get a new battery. If they dont, a dealer or Autozone can do it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do I need to be concerned about factory code or anything that will mess up with electronics when changing battery?
In my case, it does prompt to ask about the code, but you don't need to enter any code, just press the radio power button for 2 secs, it will automatically sync the car and reboot the Navi system, don't worry about it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. A good battery store will be able to clear codes for you after you get a new battery. If they dont, a dealer or Autozone can do it.
So if I change the battery myself, I may run into clearing the code issue and I would have to go to the dealer or Autozone?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
So if I change the battery myself, I may run into clearing the code issue and I would have to go to the dealer or Autozone?
No i think he thought you were talking about a CEL showing up. You were talking about the radio code which like zhouye said is just the 2 sec power button hold.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
What codes are you actually referring to? Radio code or OBD2 code? If you are worrying about the radio code like me, please don't, I did some research, the newer model MDX no longer requires you to enter the radio code if it asks, as long as your radio was the original one, just press the radio power button for 2 seconds, the system will locate the code for itself.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CCA is 650A. So I started the car and read the meter. It started at 20 then kept going up by .1 every couple seconds.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts