Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a recent MDX owner, and am disappointed that there are no quality all season floormats made for the MDX. I have two other SUV's and have installed what I consider to be the best on the market for Western NY winters. The manufacturer is Fox Weatherboots. I called to inquire about availability for the MDX and they stated they only had about 6 requests for this vehicle. If anyone wants to campaign to get them to get their mats in gear, please call them at 630-513-9010. You can check out their product at www.foxweatherboots.com.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
You don't like the Acura OEM all-season mats? Do you need something thicker? They're quite heavy and have done well for us, though we don't brutalize them either.

·
Registered
715 Posts
William, I chose to go with what I have used for the past 8 years in my Lexus. Cannon heavy rubber mats lasted with hardly any sign of wear. They have deep channels to accumulate water, dirt and mud and easy to keep clean. I have them now in my MDX, tho the fit isn't right. Now MacNeil's aren't Cannon (which doesn't make them customized for the MDX), but have the same design principle. I bought them customized for my Odyssey and am happy with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Octavian,
Please advice where I can get the Cannon mats for the Odyssey, and how much did you pay for?

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you're looking for utility first, and styling second, look at the Husky floor liners.

They make one piece mats for all kinds of SUVs - so you'd have to buy one for the front, one for the rear, and then a cargo liner.

They are above and beyond the best for keeping carpet clean - although, I prefer the looks of the Weathertech myself.

I've used them in my Blazer (which has done a LOT of dirty work), and the carpets are almost brand new looking after 8 years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got my all season floormats from Tim at Hondacuraworld. Initially, I tried to put them on top of the floor mats (?carpets) that came with my MDX. However, I found that this was not a satisfactory arrangement for me because the allseason floor mats did not sit flush with the floor when put on top of the existing carpets. Also, the retaining "hook" in the floor (two on the driver's side and one on the passenger side) would not accomodate both the original floormats and the all season floormats at the same time. Therefore I ended up removing the original floormats (which I now have to store in the house :eek: ) and using only the all season floormats Has anybody used the all season floormats *on top of the original floormats*?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Funny story. I bought a new vehicle many years ago and was showing my mom. She got in and immediately said that I needed some kind of cover for my floor mats. I told her that floor mats were there to protect the carpet, what is the point in protecting the floor mats? At what point do you stop?

·
Registered
763 Posts
You wanna hear a really funny story?

If you promise not to tell anyone... :)

I purchased my first new car (Subaru Outback) almost 6 years ago. My wife and I used most of the gift money from our wedding to get it. After driving a beat-up falling-apart '84 Olds for 4 years prior to that, I swore to myself that I would "serve and protect" my new vehicle. :)
To make a long story short, I took OEM mats, neatly placed them in large shopping bags and put them in the cargo area under the floor cover. I went to a local R.S. Strauss and bought some $20 crappy replacements. Needless to say, brand-new OEM mats were the biggest selling point as I was trying to sell the Subaru while getting my MDX. :):):)
Well, I got almost 65% of the original price back when I finally sold it. 35% depriciation over 5 years - not bad!!!

So, people, take good care of your mats! :D

·
Registered
715 Posts
Whoa....floor mats must be a hot topic.....look at all these posts! To answer someone's question above, no, I did not get Cannon mats for the Odyssey, I bought them from AutoSport, paid around 90 or so for both front and back I believe. Really cool...they are interlocking so the left and the right mats are custom fit and they "lock" in the middle so you have door-to-door coverage! And they come in colors.....I got mine in beige to match my Ody.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Last December, after about a month of accumulating white salt on my black OEM mats, I took them in the house, washed them off, and left them in the basement until the weather got better.

There still there and they look great!

The cheapo black plastic mats I put in do a good job of catching sand, salt and dirt...

Told my wife last week that next time we go someplace really nice, maybe I'll put them back in for the occassion. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Re: You wanna hear a really funny story?

vip9 said:
If you promise not to tell anyone... :)

I purchased my first new car (Subaru Outback) almost 6 years ago. My wife and I used most of the gift money from our wedding to get it. After driving a beat-up falling-apart '84 Olds for 4 years prior to that, I swore to myself that I would "serve and protect" my new vehicle. :)
To make a long story short, I took OEM mats, neatly placed them in large shopping bags and put them in the cargo area under the floor cover. I went to a local R.S. Strauss and bought some $20 crappy replacements. Needless to say, brand-new OEM mats were the biggest selling point as I was trying to sell the Subaru while getting my MDX. :):):)
Well, I got almost 65% of the original price back when I finally sold it. 35% depriciation over 5 years - not bad!!!

So, people, take good care of your mats! :D
Huummmm.... Tim, do you sell the OEM floor mats? Looks like you have a captive market here :D:D:D Living in a better climate, I will enjoy my floor mats and probably ordered another set for decorating the 'DX at a later sale date :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
OEM all-weather floor mats

I'm in the process of buying a set. I've noticed from honadacuraworld site that there is three part numbers: 2001, 2002, and 2003-2004. What's the difference between the years? I do know that they only come in black.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
My OEM winter mats do not seem to be doing a great job.
I removed them for the big Spring cleaning, and I have road salt caked
all under the gas pedal, somehow it manages to get under the pedal.
The coverage of the OEM winter mats is not the best, I can live with them,
but who knows if longterm the salt will ruin the carpet, since it sit there until Spring.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I got the OEM all weather mat from Tim,

Been working fine snow, sand, mud or water!

Just hope there's one for the 3rd row too..

:4:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
TYP
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing