Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its going on 3 months since the last ATL entry - I had to brush off the tumbleweeds just to get in here. Don't be shy now - let it rip... you enjoying your X? still looking? lets hear it ya'll!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you could do it all over...

chris-
i was about to ask you where you got your X and how the experience was but figured i'd do a search on the site in case you have already done this...
and i'd like to say "thanks" big time for all the input you have logged since getting your car. it is extremely helpful for those of us who havent made the jump...
i have been dealing with ed voyles but acura of augusta recently called to say they would try to beat anything an atlanta dealer produced...which is obviously cool...neither have any X's on the lot...
couple of ?'s for ya if you don't mind.

1. alot of mdx'ers swear by going over the x with a checklist before you take the car - was this a concern knowing that acura of augusta would be delevering it to you?
2. who do you use for service?
3. and if you could do the process all over again what would you do differently (i know its been 2 years - can you remember that long ago)?

cheers,
dave

·
Registered
248 Posts
To answer your questions:

1. Re: problems:
Yes, I was somewhat concerned that I would find a problem on my MDX when I received delivery, but I was reassured that they would take care of any problems. Incidentally, my MDX arrived without any major problems. The only thing I found was a little excess glue from the moonroof visor installation.

2. Re: Service:
This is a tough one. I have used Ed Voyles and Acura Carland. They both charge more than they should for service. I have actually used quotes from Acura of Augusta and 10% coupons from Nalley Acura (Marietta) to bargain with the service mgr at Acura Carland. If I didn't live so far away, I would prob use Nalley for service. Of the ones I use, I was more pleased with Acura Carland. They actually provided a free loaner without hassle.

3. What would I do differently now?
Now that the MDX has been out for nearly 2 years, I would bargain with Matt Perara, my salesman at Acura of Augusta, to get an even better deal. They still make a killing at MSRP. I did get free delivery and waived documentation fee, however, along with free wheel locks and rear mud guards.

P.S. Re: Ed Voyles. I have noticed a very disturbing trend of Touring MDX's from Ed Voyles Acura. It seems that whenever I see a parked MDX with roof rack and Touring wheels, the TIRES are Goodyear, and NOT Michelin, as they are supposed to be. I have a theory that Ed Voyles Acura is replacing the Michelins with Goodyears without people's knowledge. What they do with the Michelins I do not know. Maybe they sell them as upgrades to a standard (oops "Premium") MDX.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Chris - thanks for your input. I'll be on the look out for your GG in little 5 points.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dave,

Sorry, but I haven't been to 5 Points in about a year. I'll be around Peachtree Corners, Norcross, Duluth, Northpoint area.

And the occas trip to Emory.

Let me know if you have any more questions or need advice.

cbarry

·
Registered
183 Posts
GLUE for your Moonroof Visor?

cbarry said:
To answer your questions:

1. Re: problems:
Yes, I was somewhat concerned that I would find a problem on my MDX when I received delivery, but I was reassured that they would take care of any problems. Incidentally, my MDX arrived without any major problems. The only thing I found was a little excess glue from the moonroof visor installation.

There is NO mention of glue, adhesive or sealant in the Moonroof Visor installation instructions...
:rolleyes:

They're available for your review on Tim's site...

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Anyone heard from AtlantaMDX recently?

Hope things are OK with him?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts