Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
are you kidding dale?

with that amplifier and SUB he wouldn't past a block in Brooklin without being shouted (or shot) at! :D

hey dark, i live in your county! if i'm ever in court, be on my side, ok? or i'll tell them, the jury, whatcha got in the trunk! ;)

·
Registered
930 Posts
I noticed you got the same type of rims I'm dreaming of (not in my life). Did you get them online or from local boys? I saw the similar ones in the window of the shop on coney island ave.

Do you mind sharing info on the rims + tires +$rice?

Lowenhart LD1s

Spazio Katanas

·
Registered
930 Posts
thanks!!! that's the store I was talking about... :)
do you know the brand for the wheels and what size are the tires? one more question - are they chrome or silver? if chrome, did you have a chance to compare to silver ones?

hey, maybe i'll see you around... ;) although it is usual for Brooklinites (and NY-ers) to ignore each other!!! geez, forget about complimenting each others rides - I actually had a guy in another base 'DX trying to street-race me. i thought it was funny as hell... and he did not have any 'toyz', but I promizze, if we ever meet at traffic light, I'd let ya win - just to look at those cool rimz!!!! :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are chrome, I wasn't looking at silver rims because I have completely boughten into the whole Bling Bling look. I have been watching to many rap videos. LOL

The tires are 255/45 I think or 255/35. I don't know the brand of rim off hand. I wanted Enkei rims, and the brochure I was looking through had enkei and a couple of other brands. The guy Harry at Moble has a whole binder of different rims.

The only thing that sucks a little is that some of the nicest rims are made for rwd suvs (ie. navigator, trailblazer ect..), and the MDX is more of a fwd so the rims are a little limited. They actually consider it as an oversized car.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The only thing that sucks a little is that some of the nicest rims are made for rwd suvs (ie. navigator, trailblazer ect..), and the MDX is more of a fwd so the rims are a little limited. They actually consider it as an oversized car.
That is interesting! How does one affect the other, rwd vs fwd, for the rims? I would be more concerned of the amount of total weight any particular rim can support! Some setups I've seen look way to fragile - if you even start considering towing and 7 people overall pressure & weight distribution per wheel. Then again, I'm not a mechanic or a physic. ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
DarkAcura

Nice looking X and website!!!!

Do you have any pictures of your X install?

The TL installation on your website looks great. I couldn't imagine removing everything from the dash and getting it back together. I think you have a future in the car stereo installion business should you ever decide to quite being an attorney.

The picture of the flag with the World Trade Center (WTC) in the background is priceless. It was good to see a picture of the WTC instead of the latest pictures that the media is showing.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Darkacura very nice!!

Very impressed with the radio modifications. Also very impressed with yor website. I like all the detail you put into your website, I was a bit surprised to see how open you are. I actually see that most people are very private and don't tend to post pic's of themselves or their private lives. You have a unique website, very impressive!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts