Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I've had this exact jack since about 2018 and it's pretty good. It has the same safety in it as your stands. The only tricky part about the MDX is that because of the jack height VS the vehicle clearance you have to use the stand at the lowest level (just as depicted in the photo) pretty much all the time to be able to get it in under the jacking points. So you have to extend the jack to almost the highest point in order to clear the wheels off the ground to be able to remove them.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I saw you used this jack stand when you replacing your LCA. Looks like you used this jack stand , regular jack stand and a floor jack.
That's right. There's a lot of wiggling when removing the LCA, and I didn't want to take any chances. Safety first.

Are you saying this jack stand will slide under the jack point at it lowest setting
That's right, all four side jacking points to be exact.

and you also mentioned that you have to extend the jack to it highest setting to clear the wheel off the ground. So if I extend this jack stand to its highest point than I wouldn’t be able to slide under the jack point.
Once you place this jack under any of the four side jacking points (which you can do at the lowest setting only), you need to extend the jack all the way up to clear the wheel.

The question is can you use this jack to lift the MDX and remove wheel without needing additional floor jack?
Yes, absolutely! Done many of seasonal wheel changes (and brake service every time, of course) just with this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts