Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one to think about:

Are there any features or goodies you'd like to find in your next MDX purchase? What little change or surprise would make you feel like you'd been very, very good?

(And no - that would not be Zafer's 7' woman inside your X!)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
NEXT MDX PURCHASE? I figure by the time I am finished with this one combined with Acura's modest price increase each year, the Mdx will be a $50,000 vehicle. So, all I want for christmas in 5-7 years is to still be able to afford a "luxury" SUV.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
hockeyplayer,

I'll second that. I am hoping to keep my MDX for at least 10 years or longer, just to amortize the purchase price and aftermarket mods.

·
3,109 Posts
guys, quit changing the topic. here is what I would like:

- xenons
- flux capacitor
- steptronic gear

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
zafer said:
guys, quit changing the topic. here is what I would like:

- xenons
- flux capacitor
- steptronic gear
Alright then all I want to find on my next MDX purchase is a sticker price on the window that I can afford in 5-7 years.;)

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
zafer said:
guys, quit changing the topic.
Okay. Okay. Okay. How about putting a full size spare under my christmas tree? While you're at it...how about a floor jack and four jack stands? Jingle Bells, jingle bells...

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Seriously. . . voice controls like the Honda Accord.

Not so seriously. . . cappucino maker (for the clients, of course)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
-OEM Chrome side steps
-MDX Golf Club holder/retainer of some kind
:29:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like greatscot's idea!

Me? I'd like ebony interior with a matching golf and tennis bag AND delivery prior to Christmas....

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I'd like the remote controlled swing-out sidesteps a la the Navigator - those are too cool. While we're at it, add the remote tailgate opener.

We can dream, can't we? :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
For me, simply an integrated MP3 player.

But maybe I'll get other ideas when I'll receive my toy.:2:

·
Registered
443 Posts
- Xenon lights
- Better wheels (like X5)
- Bigger sunroof
- On-star system
- Stop raising the price :)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Honestly, I just have 3 desires for the MDX!

All it needs to make it perfect is:
Side Curtain Airbags
HIDs (Xenon headlamps) and a
Better premium Sound system (get rid of that Bose or fine tune it with better, higher quality amps and speakers)

.....Oh, actually, I should've made that 4 :1pat: ......as laborlitigator said, Voice commands for the Navi as in the '03 Accord, for A/C and radio (but this is something that's very easily achieved)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I believe this X is pretty well equiped now, cept for maybe a bigger sunroof, and full size spare and better cupholders. How about using some of the space under the console below the shifter area to house a holder for tissues. No good place to put a small box unless you use up the provided area below the coin holder. The old Explorers had one up on Acura on that one.

Oh yeh, two more; (1) split rear gate with operating window or retractable rear window and fixed gate (2) strap for assisting rear closure to accomodate short people unable to reach that teeny tiny handle thingy on the bottom of the rear gate.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Christmas Wishes

Ok, here are my wishes for my 3 day-old X:

1) like most, I would love HIDs
2) I would also like a power rear tailgate
3) one thing I noticed the other day is that the trip computer doesn't calculate miles til empty....definitely need that
4) and lastly, I would like a factory radar detector built into the Nav. system...."Speed trap ahead, 1000 feet":4: :2:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Be good for Santa....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: Christmas Wishes

mauigrl721 said:

4) and lastly, I would like a factory radar detector built into the Nav. system...."Speed trap ahead, 1000 feet":4: :2:...
I love it! What a great idea! Add the small police car graphic and it would be perfect! :2: :29: :19:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, my friends and I thought that one up last night while playing with the Navi.....They were joking that there's nothing the X CAN'T do! Coffee maker, shiatsu massage, a device that shoots fire from the bottom of the X if it's being broken into....the list goes on and on...!!! But I had to agree with them, a built-in radar detector would be THE BOMB!:4:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yo Mauigrl721: :29: The X should also be sophisticated enough to color code the little Highway Patrol cruiser symbols depending on which state your in - maybe even program in the local boys too.

Thought of a few more:
1 - Backlighting for the radio and cruise steering wheel controls like in BLUE so they stand apart from the other control colors at night.

2 - A drop-in cooler for that little storage area for the headrests.

3 - Another small out-of-the-way storage area below the shifter for odd ball stuff (more Kleenex? or handi-wipes for the kids)

4 - Under dash floor lighting when the doors are open. Vehicle manufacturers are leaving these little niceties out these days for some reason.

5 - Soften the plastic on the B-pilars so that the seat belt clip doesn't chip the covering each time you release the belt. I figure mine will look like a woodchuck was nibbling at it in another 2 years. Maybe I should consider holding onto it rather than lazily just letting it fly.

BTW, your trip computer SHOULD indicate miles to empty (as best it can).

SHOULD

·
Registered
207 Posts
microman--
you say my trip computer SHOULD indicate miles til empty...but there's no "icon" for that, or am i missing it? i like your ideas for add-ons to the X:4:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts