Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2007 elite. I. Noticed the other day when I went to lock the doors with the remote I didn't hear the chirp. So I tried again, same thing. I walked over and pulled on the driver's door handle and it opened up. I knew this wasn't right. I asked my wife about it and she said it started after she had the hood open to check some fluids. I've checked the fuses, they are good. I unplugged the hood latch sensor and still nothing works. I've checked all the door plunger sensors, they all seem good. I locked the doors using the key and tried to arm the vehicle using the remote and I got the chirp. This was only after all doors were locked with the key itself. What else can I try to figure out this issue

·
Registered
229 Posts
Driver door lock actuator probably needs to be replaced. It is the motor/magnet (not sure which) that moves the physical lock when the switch or remote tells it to move.

I've had to replace them around 100k miles on every Honda/Acura I've owned. My MDX was surprisingly early at 50k miles.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 08, I thought it was the door actuator & replaced it, it didnt fix it, I came to the conclusion that its the drivers door sub wire harness that goes from the door to the fuse box, unfortunately theres not one to be found in the country, back ordered indefinitely from honda

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yikes that sucks.

I have an 02 RSX and they are discontinuing lots of parts for that car too. Honda only has to stock parts for 10 years by law, and with massive component shortages it doesn't surprise me that they aren't prioritizing older parts. It took me 9 months waiting for a spare tire kit for my 2020 MDX.

Hopefully someone can start up a business repairing/reselling old harnesses from junkyards.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yikes that sucks.

I have an 02 RSX and they are discontinuing lots of parts for that car too. Honda only has to stock parts for 10 years by law, and with massive component shortages it doesn't surprise me that they aren't prioritizing older parts. It took me 9 months waiting for a spare tire kit for my 2020 MDX.

Hopefully someone can start up a business repairing/reselling old harnesses from junkyards.
thats ridiculous, cars today last way longer than 10 yrs, if honda wants to discontinue parts after 10 yrs then i guess my next vehicle wont be a acura or honda !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts