Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I live in Suburb north of Los Angeles. Since I've owned my Red Rocker MDX, I've only seen about 5 others.

Then I went skiing at Mammoth Mountain this past week. During my drive up there, I passed 3 MDX's within 5 minutes of each other!

When I finally got into Mammoth, it looked like a MDX convention! I swear, I must have counted 30 of them during this last week! (I even saw a black one with chromed wheels. Not too shabby!)

rflagg

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is there still snow up there? How were the conditions?
I guess I missed out on the convention. I bought my MDX so I could drive to Mammoth. Haven't done it yet myself, though my sister did it with her boyfriend and they said it handled great in the snow.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FatBoyMDX said:
Is there still snow up there? How were the conditions?
I guess I missed out on the convention. I bought my MDX so I could drive to Mammoth. Haven't done it yet myself, though my sister did it with her boyfriend and they said it handled great in the snow.
There is only snow on the mountain. It was very warm up there. Someone told me that if they don't get more snow by the end of the month, they will close down by May 1st.

The MDX drove like a dream getting up there. The only thing that I did not like was all the gear changes going up the Sherwin grade. (Then again, I was doing 70 up that 8% grade!)

I also noticed that a lot of MDXers were driving with their fog lights on. I really don't see why they used them. The nights were clear.

rflagg

·
Registered
266 Posts
Only going 70???

Yeah, I was there a couple weeks when we got dumped one night. Ever since then, the snow reports reported no new snow. We are on an off year for great snow weather .. It seems to hit us every other year. So count your eggs for a great winter at Mammoth next year. Better yet come back this summer for great fishing and mountain biking.....ahhhhh the Kamikzi Run!!!!

When I was there I saw many MDX's on the road as well . .SS and MB only. In fact when I had the wife come pick us up after a huge day of boarding at Juniper Springs there were 3 SS waiting as well!

Oh! and running only 70 on the Sherwin Summit.....must have been windy or something because I was cruisin at 85 through the entire trip . .everyone sound asleep!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey, I was there last week too! It usually got up to the 60's I think, and it looked like it was supposed to be in the high 70's this week -- that's warmer than here! It sure was beautiful up there, though.

I think I saw only one other MDX while I was there. Down here in Southern Cal, I see several MDX's every day, even though I live 5 minutes from work, and usually don't drive very much (driving more than 6 miles is a "trip" for us.)

·
Registered
268 Posts
kuroyama said:

though I live 5 minutes from work, and usually don't drive very much (driving more than 6 miles is a "trip" for us.)
Are you sure you live in LA? :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey gang easy on kuroyama! Living in MB I am sure kuroyama
cruises past all the beauties on MB Blvd/Highland/Rosecrans . .perhaps taking the long route to work in the X can make up for the efforts. What do you say kuroyama??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey gang easy on kuroyama! Living in MB I am sure kuroyama
cruises past all the beauties on MB Blvd/Highland/Rosecrans . .perhaps taking the long route to work in the X can make up for the efforts. What do you say kuroyama??
Yeah, take it easy on me :)

Actually I live east of Sepulveda (where I think most MB'ers would say there's no life). I live exactly one mile from work (which is directly east of home), so a lot of time my MDX is running cold, which explains why my mileage is so low (usually around 12 mpg). Still, I live less than 2 miles from the beach, which ain't too bad. My daughter's daycare is down by the beach, so occasionally I'll get a glimpse of the ocean, and every so often we'll go get lunch in downtown Manhattan Beach.

Life is good (especially with an MDX).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts