Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the alignment done today after replacing front dampers and inner tie rods.
Looking at the alignment data before and after I don’t see any effect to the alignment by removing or installing new front dampers. So there is no need for alignment if you are replacing or removing and installing new front dampers.
Of course my inner tie rods replacement messed up the alignment badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
before is the alignment specs before the tech does any adjusting. If your mechanic has an older copy of your alignment sheet it'll show different numbers. Looks like the rear springs are starting to sag with the camber, and toe may be at it's adjusting limit due to that. Having 0 toe is best if you have any sort of camber.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
before is the alignment specs before the tech does any adjusting. If your mechanic has an older copy of your alignment sheet it'll show different numbers. Looks like the rear springs are starting to sag with the camber, and toe may be at it's adjusting limit due to that. Having 0 toe is best if you have any sort of camber.
Here is the alignment from a different shop about 1.5 years ago. The front camber and caster measurements are nearly identical.
So removing the strut pinch bolts doesn’t mess up the alignment.

So you think the rear coil spring is sagging/deformed and the adjustable limit is reached? Probably I loaded 6-7 uber passengers frequently and that would explain the coil springs sagging.
Replacing a new shock or the coil spring will remedy the issue? And does this mean that the out side edge of the tire is getting more wears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
inside edge will be wearing more on the tires on the rear. New springs should remedy it no problem! Moog sells some on rock auto for much cheaper than OEM. The rears are separate so you can replace the strut if you feel the ride is too bouncy over roads too. KYB is what most folks like.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Great to know. I don't want to replace right now and I will wait until a new set of tires replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts