Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So I was checking the engine bay before my 2k miles road trip, and I found out that the engine cover was loosen, can anyone teach me how to properly align the cover with those 4 pins?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You just visually line it up with the corresponding rubber grommets and then 'gently' push the cover down to seat it. I emphasized 'gently' because if you push to hard you can push the rubber grommet out and it won't be seated correctly and it's easy to lose the grommet. You should be able to sort of feel the pin seat into the grommet as you push down on the cover.

It's a poor design. I suggest not removing the cover routinely and only doing so when there's a real need, which s/b hardly ever.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You just visually line it up with the corresponding rubber grommets and then 'gently' push the cover down to seat it. I emphasized 'gently' because if you push to hard you can push the rubber grommet out and it won't be seated correctly and it's easy to lose the grommet. You should be able to sort of feel the pin seat into the grommet as you push down on the cover.

It's a poor design. I suggest not removing the cover routinely and only doing so when there's a real need, which s/b hardly ever.
I have been playing this around for half hour, can't get a right feeling.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
There's lots of pics if you Google it, but just make sure the curves match the intake and oil cap placements and it should align just fine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
With the cover off look at the location of the pins in the cover and then look at the rubber grommets on the top of the engine. You should be able to find the mate grommet for each pin. It's possible that one or more of the grommets is missing in which case you'll need to look for it or buy replacements.

Once you eyeball the pins and the matching grommets you s/b able to easily align the cover and its pins in the right spot over the grommets. You then need to apply gentle/careful pressure to pop the cover in without pushing out the grommets.

A design to secure it with a few small bolts, screws, or even plastic pins (like the other covers) would have been better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts