Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 MDX Base, has factory alarm and aftermarket AutoMate remote start/alarm (installed by prev. owner)

Never had an issue with both systems working hand in hand before. Now alarm randomly goes off in middle of night, every 1-2 hours. Unplugged hood latch sensor, with no luck. Any other common possible sensors to check before I bring it to a shop?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
rip out the aftermarket remote start unit and you'll be good :29:

when i had first purchased my 2008 MDX brand new many moons ago, i also spent about a grand on a Viper remote start unit that i could start my MDX with (from my iPhone)...man, looking back, after all the countless electrical problems (getting standed from car not starting etc.) that can likely be linked to this aftermarket remote start unit over the past near decade, I'll NEVER put an aftermarket remote start/security system on one of my luxury vehicles EVER again!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

when i had first purchased my 2008 MDX brand new many moons ago, i also spent about a grand on a Viper remote start unit that i could start my MDX with (from my iPhone)...man, looking back, after all the countless electrical problems (getting standed from car not starting etc.) that can likely be linked to this aftermarket remote start unit over the past near decade, I'll NEVER put an aftermarket remote start/security system on one of my luxury vehicles EVER again!!!!
I'm close to it. It's always been reliable and quiet while parked before, but either some door/tail sensor is going nuts in the wind, or the aftermarket unit might have a component failed. I'm just trying everything I can first, as I'd have to pay a shop to remove the aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had the same problem, and removed my car starter, didn't fix it.

turns out if was the hood latch switch, I unplugged it and I have been good to go since.

just need to reinstall the car starter.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I am not familiar with the second gen. Some Honda/Acura security systems have a memory and will flash out codes on the dash to tell you which sensor triggered the alarm. Check your owner's manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Ao.o

I have an 05 Acura mdx and just a few days ago my alarm has started going off randomly. Sometimes we are forced to leave it unlocked to keep it from going off. We have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
656 Posts
Ao.o

I have an 05 Acura mdx and just a few days ago my alarm has started going off randomly. Sometimes we are forced to leave it unlocked to keep it from going off. We have no idea what to do.
Do you also have an after market remote start on your MDX? If yes, try to remove it.

If not, you need to check every door-open sensors/contacts from water contamination and/or corrosion. Also, there is a contact at the hood locking mechanism. Any of those contacts could be triggering the alarm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.