Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've 2009 Acura MDX and the air conditioner stopped working suddenly.

One day the A/c was working fine and the other day it just not working at all (fan is blowing the air but not cold air) even the A/C sign displayed on the panel when I turn it on.

I vacuumed and washed the vehicle a day earlier and the next this happened? Do you think it could be an issue like during washing the vehicle from the front side (through the front grill) I may damage the A/C line due to water pressure and it caused leakage of refrigerant?

I remember this happened almost a month ago too when the A/C was not blowing the cold air but just the warm air and then I figure out that one of the seat heating switch was ON for one of the rear seat and as soon I turned the heating switch Off the A/C started working properly (with ice-cold air) and worked well.

Any suggestions, please?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Lol funny enough my A/C Clutch Coil decided to burn up 3 days ago... I am preparing to replace it.

Symptoms:
1.- A/C will run but will only blow warm air (Actually ambient air that gets warmed in the dashboard).
2.- A/C will not display any fault codes
3.- Both fans will run when you select A/C ON.
4.- No clutch engagement even if you manually push it against the pulley while running.

Diagnostic:
1.- Check voltage to A/C Clutch Fuse (7.5A) Its inside the passenger fuse box in under the hood. Its located just below the A/C Clutch Relay. Is there 12v?
YES (Check Relay) NO (Check Fuse)

2.- Check for faulty relay! Relay is easy to spot is the second relay if you are looking in front of the fuse box (Right to the first green relay in the row).. That relay is exactly the same as the others in that row so you can easily swap the low beam relay to test for relay malfunction.

3.- If the relay is OK then you need to manually test for 12v into the Clutch wire.. The socket is beneath the Alternator is a single wire so you cant miss it... Grab a multimeter and test it... It must show 12v if the Fuse and Relay are OK.. If it does have 12v then proceed to test clutch air gap. If gap is ok then the Clutch Coil is DEAD. Replace it! Part number> 38924-RYE-305 https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/oem-parts/honda-stator-set-38924rye305?c=Zz1ib2R5LWFpci1jb25kaXRpb25pbmcmcz1hLWMtYWlyLWNvbmRpdGlvbmVyLWNvbXByZXNzb3ImbD0xMiZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWhvbmRhJm89cGlsb3QtNS1kb29yJnk9MjAwOSZ0PXRvdXItNHdkLW5hdmkmZT01LXNwZWVkLWF1dG9tYXRpYw==

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is also blowing warm, gave it to the service, waiting for the result. Maybe one of the cables of air conditioners has frayed, but not completely, so sometimes it works good and after a small pit electricity doesn't pass again. Or slot of the power cable is damaged and does not conduct electrician well. Like a frayed cable of the phone's charger, If electrician won't find the problem you can contact socool.sg , they helped me when I had an air conditioner broke down. They normally work with normal air cons, but they are very loyal and helped me too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue where the air has been blowing hot air for 5 months. I thought it was because i left on the heater button for too long during the winter. But when i tried switching the button back to "cool" it did not work and during the summer I was dying and sweating in the car. I read some online air con servicing articles online that helped me resolved the issue and it was due to the level of coolant that was depleting really fast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My air con just died on me during this summer and I had a hard time figuring out the issue. I brought it to the car mechanic but he just told me to replace everything which would cost thousands of dollars. I had issues with the hot air blowing out as well in the initial stages of my air con problems so I hope that maybe you guys would head on down to a air con service company that would solve the problem as quickly as possible, I saw online that there are some air con servicing articles that stated that smaller issues could lead to bigger problems (for instance in my case). So maybe going to a professional would be the best.

·
Registered
2010 Acura MDX
1 Posts
First thing, have you tried adding any refrigerant (freon)? And second thing, have you checked the cabin air filter to make sure it's not filled with dirt and/or debri of any kind?? For those of you who are not aware of how to access the cabin air filter, it is located directly behind the glove box on the inside of the vehicle. You need to first empty out all of the contents of your glove box, then once that's empty, open up your glove box and grab both sides of it and squeeze them together/ towards each other and pull downwards as you're squeezing and you will see the glove box release and be able to tilt the whole thing downwards. Once that is accomplished, you should be able to see the compartment for the cabin air filter, push in the tabs on each end and pull outwards and it will release the cabin air filter. Be sure to check that and make sure it's not dirty.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome PhillyGirl. I live in Kennett Square and my wife drives a 2010 MDX. We bought it new after her 1999 Lexus RX300 got totaled when a 95 yo guy got confused and t-boned her parked R . Have 75k miles and so far so oil burning issues...knock on wood. She loves her MDX!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts