Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wheels on my 2009 Tech are corroding and tires frequently require bead sealant to stop leaking. I can get a great deal on a new set of TSR Decadence 19X8.5 wheels with 5X120 lug pattern and a +13 offset. I realize these wheels are larger than the original 18X8 factory wheels with a +45 offset that will require different tires with a wider and lower profile to maintain the same overall diameter. I was told that it is best to stay within +/-5 of original offset and this much change in offset might be too aggressive, which I think means they would possibly protrude from the wheel wells. Is that correct? What problems would I have with the different offset?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The wheels on my 2009 Tech are corroding and tires frequently require bead sealant to stop leaking. I can get a great deal on a new set of TSR Decadence 19X8.5 wheels with 5X120 lug pattern and a +13 offset. I realize these wheels are larger than the original 18X8 factory wheels with a +45 offset that will require different tires with a wider and lower profile to maintain the same overall diameter. I was told that it is best to stay within +/-5 of original offset and this much change in offset might be too aggressive, which I think means they would possibly protrude from the wheel wells. Is that correct? What problems would I have with the different offset?
Jvoss, the most obvious issue will be that the wheels will stick out from the fenders (a noticeable amount).

I have 19x8.5" wheels on my 2006 with a 35mm offset and that's about as far as I'd go...many agree on here that +30-35mm is about as aggressive of an offset as you'd want for a 8.5" rim.

Unless you want a monster truck kinda look (I don't know), I'd steer clear of these particular wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts