Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
I have the base model, so may be different sub mount that touring, but my Pioneer W28C did fit. I had to go relook based on above posts, only spacer I have is a layer of dynamat padding (not put in as spacer but for the sound deadning). :confused: I do remember that the speaker magnet made mounting a little tough (wanted to grab the fender), but when centered it had little space.

Above said, the Pioneer is OK and inexpensive....far better than the stock base sub. If I were doing it again though, I would build a spacer out of MDF and use a little better sub. I have a feeling I will end up there when I add an amp in the future.

· Registered
208 Posts
Mig,

The Pioneer is far better than stock. Tighter, and stronger......but still not "great". Some of it may be the lack of a strong amp, some of it is the inexpensive nature of the speaker (i paid ~$40 I think).

I am glad I did it, but would probably do a better sub if I did it again. I used the Pioneer for two reasons, easy fit, and low power requirements. Most aftermarket ones would REQUIRE an amp, and I was not sure I wanted to go that route. Wish there was a good location for an amp other than the headset storage area....I have it filled with "SUV emergency" stuff (potable starter battery, tow cable, etc).

I also with with Pionner door speakers, wish I had gone Infinity or better. Will probably change at least the fronts out this summer..........The Pioneer doors sound FAR better than stock, but are a little "bright" IMO. As I said though, glad I did both.

Let us know how the fiberglass box in orginal location goes. That sounds like a tough ($$$$) build. Wish I could do a high end install, as it sounds you are, but have not convinced the boss

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.