Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MDX never came with running boards.
Went to an Acura dealer and was surprised that they charge me upwards of 600+$ for running boards

Have checked many sellers on eBay offering after market running boards for 1/3 price as the OEM.
Does anyone have a good recommendation or place to buy the running boards?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just a heads-up that you should make sure you try out a vehicle with running boards before you get them, if you haven't already. I bought a 2017 MDX after looking at MDX for 15 years and always thought I wanted them, so I automatically had the dealer add them. Now that I've had my vehicle for 4 months, I'm regretting adding them because I have to step out too far when getting out of the vehicle. Everybody who rides in the vehicle says the same thing. It's too bad because I really like the look.

Running boards might work just fine on the 14, though.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Someone on here bought the Advance style non-oem from Ebay and they worked just fine. But it's only one reported case. Some Google results say that their bolt holes didn't line up correctly, so YMMV.

What DavidP mentioned is a sentiment I do see often. Most people are tall enough to not need them, and the boards are often regarded as too tucked in that they really aren't practical. As a result, people step over them to get out, rubbing their pant legs against them. I do have the Advance boards and my wife likes to use them (she has smaller feet, so they work fine for her) and I personally don't get much use from them, but do like the look.

OEM ones wise, just shop between ebay, oemacuraparts, curryacura, or similar. Tim from oemacuraparts is on here, so he will usually pricematch anything. They also have a coupon code here from shipping or something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For some reason ( I think because I'm new to this forum and only have a few posts) the site will not allow me to post the link or any images. I actually, paid $248 for the one I purchased. I scanned ebay and do not see anymore at that price. You may want to contact the seller Ultraspeed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a 2015 Advance last month with 20k miles. It came with OEM Acura running boards but wife wanted them off, so they are in my garage along with the hardware needed for install. They are in great shape. $140 plus shipping and they are yours. Just let me know through post or PM.
Received your email with pics...
Will wait for shipping quote..take your time & will wait

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a 2015 Advance last month with 20k miles. It came with OEM Acura running boards but wife wanted them off, so they are in my garage along with the hardware needed for install. They are in great shape. $140 plus shipping and they are yours. Just let me know through post or PM.

Hi! Do you still have your running boards? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts