Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post, thank you for having me.

2004 MDX

This is my first time installing a radio in an Acura, I've done it in my other cars.

I bought the correct wiring harness adapter, but after plugging everything in, the radio had no power still. Realized the Battery Constant wire going in to the radio had no power.
So there is the first problem. Did some scouring on other forums, checked all my fuses and still not sure why there is no 12v on that wire.

So I tapped in to the 12v battery constant from the ignition switch (white wire, not the yellow/black one). Running that to the radio made it turn on just fine.

Then during my fumbling around I touched that battery constant wire to the chassis and shorted it. So now there is no 12v in the battery constant going in to the back of the ignition.
There is the second problem.

I removed the tap and taped things off. Left it overnight and it starts up just fine (no battery drain?). Looked over all relevant fuses and they are still fine. I'll do an exhaustive check of the fuses later. But I believe this is now causing my 3rd issue where the gear shift is stuck in park, as it doesn't recognize correctly the state of the ignition switch with that short.

Need help fixing the dead battery constant to my ignition and to my radio if possible.
and If i do need to tap into the ignition constant for the radio, I suppose I need some sort of inline fuse? Idk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After checking all fuses with a multimeter, I verified it was 2 fuses causing the issues. Fuse 7 for stop in the primary under hood box was blown when I shorted the ignition wire. Replacing that fixed that wire and parking gear issue. Also fuse 5 for rear acc socket was blown in secondary under hood box. That fixed the battery constant issue to the radio harness.
None of my speakers work now which is most likely the amp so I’m going to bypass the amp later today and should be all good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts