Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Acura MDX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience on aftermarket power steering pumps? Stealership wants $570 for a remaufactured oem and I’m in a really tight budget right now. Any suggestions on aftermarket ones???

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Both my 06 TSX and 08 RDX P/S pump went out and I did an used low mileage replacements eBay for under $100 each. The TSX on was still working for +4 years until the car was totaled in 2019 by a red light runner. The RDX P/S pump is still going strong after +3 years. Purchased P/S fluid and took both vehicles to a local shop to change out. I think it was under $250-$300 for everything.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
This is an easy job. Just buy the OEM part new and diy it to save money.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
While ps pump goes bad typically because the rubber seals etc. fail. If we can buy the seals, this is an ideal project to save some big bucks.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts

These worked for my 2007 MDX power steering pump. The whine is gone. Purchased from local Honda dealer for under $10.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
get a cheap one off amazon and put it on yourself. Return it if it doesn't work; amazon is good about returns.

If the pump is "bad", you can save it with a $20 gates PS pump rebuild kit that has all the seals. Another $10 for the bearing and you'll be set. I did this on my TL and have the kit waiting for my MDX

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Do you have the parts numbers? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Bought one at Autozone a couple of years ago. It was around $179 with a limited lifetime warranty. It has performed fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought one off of Amazon for $75 about 2 months ago. IT's still going strong. I also bought the power steering hose, which I have yet to replace. The hose cost $32 on Amazon. The hardest part about replacing the pump was using the belt tensioner to reinstall the belt. Once I bought the correct tool from Harbor Freight for $13 it was very easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts