Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are thinking about ordering an MDX Premium (I know - if the nav wasnt part of the touring package I would add it) and this leads to my question. Since Alpine builds the nav for acura has anyone who bought an mdx w/o a nav put in an aftermarket nav (from alpine or anyone)? If so, how does it look, work, etc? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
First of all, the Acura NAV is not an add-on option (after delivery). And there is no easy or practical way to integrate it or an Alpine unit after vehicle purchase.

There are tons of information on this topic on this forum if you want to take the time to search.

Most popular after-market GPS device has been the Garmin Streetpilot. It has a great performance/price ratio plus it's portable, so you can use it between cars.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldnt try to retrofit a nav - I'm speaking about the navs from alpine, kenwood, etc. Im looking for info on that.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The best ones I heard of are made by Kenwood as they are touchscreens like the OEM Nav. My friend has an Alpine Navi. and he complains about having to use the remote to program the navi. instead of just touching the screen like the MDX.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I was looking at Alpine for my other car and the negative was that it did not have touch screen. That was one of the reasons we went with NAVI option when buying our MDX.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Which Aftermarket NAVI to buy?

Having purchased a new MDX with no NAVI (due to the fact that I didn't want to pay for the touring package just to get NAVI), the inevitable question now is what the best aftermarket solution that exists for the MDX.

I would like to hear from people who have actually installed ALPINE/KENWOOD/PIONEER systems, and their experiences.

It appears that both Pioneer and Kenwood now have touchscreen inputs, and the Pioneer also has voice recognition (is this just a gimmick or really useful?).

In particular my concern is on where exactly to mount the monitor!

This is great forum and I have learnt a good deal about the MDX in a short time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts