Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) open kick panel on driver side

2) pull wires through fender (similar to Mdx-4me did in this thread)

3) install camera. I cut small pieces of plastic from grille to fit the camera in, and screw the camera metal frame to the bottom of the grille.

4) connect camera power to the fuse box using add-a-circuit and video RCA to Navtool with Carplay

5) End result

The hardest part for me was pulling wire through firewall.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does any Acura dealer offer this installation? My wife has a 2017 Lexus with front parking cameras. It is just awesome to be park in even very narrow spaces. Taking right turn into narrow lane is easy without rear wheels touching the curb.

·
Registered
39 Posts
great mod.

I wonder if anyone in here replace backup camera, Meaning remove OEM camera and put aftermarket camera in to the factory camera hole and connect to NavTool.??

or use the oem camera housing with aftermarket

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The OEM one works flawlessly. Why would you want to install aftermarket and connect to Navtool? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see. I’m not sure if the Navtool show curved guideline for rear camera when you turn the steering wheel. It doesn’t for the front camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Does any Acura dealer offer this installation? My wife has a 2017 Lexus with front parking cameras. It is just awesome to be park in even very narrow spaces. Taking right turn into narrow lane is easy without rear wheels touching the curb.
Is this for real? I can't imagine needing to rely on a camera in the front. We're not driving yachts here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts