Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a '14 MDX and am looking to alter the exhaust note. It's proving difficult to find much around the web, so I'm looking to see if anyone else has modified theirs.
Don't worry, I'm looking to coffee can it or expect (or want) it to sound like a GT350. Just looking for a little extra growl. Something along the lines of an FX50 in terms of volume and depth.
And just to preempt this post, I can do without the "Why would you ruin a vehicle that was designed to be quiet?" or "Why would you cheapen the brand name?" responses I've seen on this site. I'm one that as never left a vehicle stock. I want MY vehicle to be MINE, not a carbon copy.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Sound clips would be wonderful if you have them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I've been on this forum since the 2014 came out and I haven't seen anyone post anything regarding exhaust modifications.

Do you have yours in Sport mode? There's a nice engine growl when accelerating in Sport mode.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Yep, nobody has modded here yet. Check Acurazine, but the most I've seen is someone who tried to dual exhaust the single exhaust the way the 2017 does it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I recently bought a '14 MDX and am looking to alter the exhaust note. It's proving difficult to find much around the web, so I'm looking to see if anyone else has modified theirs.
Don't worry, I'm looking to coffee can it or expect (or want) it to sound like a GT350. Just looking for a little extra growl. Something along the lines of an FX50 in terms of volume and depth.
And just to preempt this post, I can do without the "Why would you ruin a vehicle that was designed to be quiet?" or "Why would you cheapen the brand name?" responses I've seen on this site. I'm one that as never left a vehicle stock. I want MY vehicle to be MINE, not a carbon copy.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Sound clips would be wonderful if you have them.

Thanks!

they cheapen certain parts in order to watch their bottom line. :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts