Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, the Canadian version of 03 X does not come with the DVD entertainment system and the rear camera.

Can anyone recommend some DVD systems, rear camera and NAV systems in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am looking for a DVD system for my 2001. Just checked with the dealer and they install an aftermarket for $2000. Cdn

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you buy it?

Do you know its brand? When I tested drive a Honda Pilot, the sales said he can install a Panasonia for me.

I remember when I went to the auto show, there is a counter that sell the audio video system, but I don't know which one is good.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just got an Audiovox VOD705DLP 7 inch widescreen flipdown with built in DVD player. I was a little hesitant getting an audiovox, but after looking at it, I was impressed with the clarity of the picture, as well as the size of the screen. Paid $1900. (CDN)

2003 SS MDX - BSM, RES, back up sensor, all weather HUSKY floor mats and cargo tray :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you show us a picture and the link of it? Is $1900 including the installation and tax?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Why don't you get this DVD/VCD/MP3 player for $149:

http://7925.adahost.com/computer/index.html?loadfile=item13028.html

and this flip-down screen for $229:

http://7925.adahost.com/computer/index.html?loadfile=item13341.html

and the Santeca CDM-301 color, night vision, mirror image backup camera seen here:

http://www.santeca.com/hyper/accessories/accessories.htm

for $149 at www.lightav.com .

That's a total of $529 including video, screen and backup camera. These are of the same quality if not better than name brands... Many, including myself can attest to this.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
259 Posts
You'll find the audiovox site atwww.audiovox.com under electronics/mobile video/overhead solutions.

What I thought to be a very cheap unit, turned out to be very good, more than what I would require.:2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MDXtrous, I know your system is good, but a lot of US sites don't ship to Canada and we need to clear the custom. We even don't have the Navi in Canada. Warranty is another concern.

hammerX. Can it play VCD, mp3? Are you happy with it?

A 7" or larger portable DVD player (Samsung, Panasonic...etc) may cross around $1000 now, I am wondering if I should buy it instead of installing one as I can play it anywhere.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The audiovox is good for dvds, cds,mp3s,vcds. I am usually very selective when it comes to audio equipment, but the audiovox certainly has met all my expectations. Kid has plugged in his nintendo game cube as well. The audiovox serves it's purpose.:2:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
klo said:
MDXtrous, I know your system is good, but a lot of US sites don't ship to Canada and we need to clear the custom. We even don't have the Navi in Canada. Warranty is another concern.

hammerX. Can it play VCD, mp3? Are you happy with it?

A 7" or larger portable DVD player (Samsung, Panasonic...etc) may cross around $1000 now, I am wondering if I should buy it instead of installing one as I can play it anywhere.
Maybe you have a good friend in Seattle? :D

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MDXtrous, thanks for the link. It looks great, but it is a in dash one. Do you know how it can be installed on the X. I like the flip down one. Actually, I really like what you have, but the Canadian X does not have Navi and the LCD is mono, not color on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts