Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the original backup camera with an aftermarket one, but now I have two sets of reference lines from the origianal Acura camera and from the after market one. How do I remove the original reference line?

Samy

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I would imagine the original Acura camera lines are native to the head unit. You'd probably need to turn off the lines on the new camera. What camera did you go with and is the picture quality better? How about at night? The factory camera on my '12 has always been garbage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for not responding right away. I bought this "Navinio" camera but it turned out to be low quality and decided to buy one with LED lights built into the camera. 12 LEDs lights, this one is by "toptierpro". Will install on the weekend and see how it goes. The worse thing is having a camera and trying to backup somewhere where its dark and you can't see anything at all. Will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The good news with the backup camera is that the new one that we (I and my brother) installed came out wonderful. I can actually see where I am backing up at night and see the painted lines to backup into a parking space.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Nice! Did you use the factory wiring? Curious to hear how you installed/wired it. Would also like to see a pic of the actual camera installed if possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this is Farid. Samy's (MDXSamy) brother. We worked last weekend on his MDX.

Here is the camera that we bought Camera (TTP-C19B) TOPTIERPRO.

We wired the cam as shown here https : //imgur . com/a/X4ww1BU .(I added spaces in the link since i'm new here and can not post links yet).

I need to give credit to Trader007. He figured out the wiring. Here is the original thread where i found out how to wire the new am https :// www. mdxers. org/threads/ backup-camera-upgrade.163009/

Samy can you post pictures of the TTP rear cam after and the display while in reverse?

The TTP camera was to long to install the original cover back. So, we used a piercing saw to cut a square hole where it was originally round (Samy post a picture). We filled the gap between the cover and the camera body with clear silicon to seal the gap.

Samy, anything to add, in addition to the fact that i do not have an MDX?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Doesn't look bad on black...might look a bit goofy on my white MDX but at least the camera would work properly. This is the worst factory camera I've owned including much older vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts